Full Course Description
Dyslexia, Dyscalculia & Dysgraphia: An Integrated Approach
Counselors, Teachers/Educators, Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants, Psychologists, Social Workers, Speech-Language Pathologists, and other Mental Health Professionals.
- Breakdown the common causes of Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, and Dyscalculia to inform the clinician’s choice of treatment interventions.
- Analyze the efficacy of the integration of many professions, such as education, occupational therapy, physical therapy, nutrition, psychology and others and identify how the integration of these professions can alleviate symptoms of Dyslexia, Dyscalculia and Dysgraphia.
- List the underlying areas of brain development to improve client academic engagement.
- Administer hands-on cognitive development activities to put to practical use in-session.
- Analyze the clinical implications of visual and auditory processing difficulties and identify areas of improvement as it relates to clinical outcomes.
- Create a systematic plan of interventions to improve level of functioning in clients with Dyslexia, Dyscalculia or Dysgraphia.
Mind and Body Health
- Dyslexia, Dysgraphia and Dyscalculia definitions
- Common causes, similar approaches
- The Pyramid of Potential - brain development
Brain Development and the Primitive Reflexes
- Nutritional needs for healthy brain function
- Role of exercise and sleep
- Stress: physical and emotional
Sensory Development - Auditory
- How to test and integrate the reflexes - video and practice
- Moro and Dyscalculia
- Palmar - Dysgraphia
- Tonic Labyrinthine - Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, and Dysgraphia
- Spinal Galant - Dyslexia
- Asymmetrical Tonic Neck Reflex - Dyslexia and Dysgraphia
- Symmetrical Tonic Neck Reflex - Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, and Dysgraphia
Sensory Development - Vision
- Listening therapy
- Listening devices
- Screening for tracking and convergence
- Simple eye exercises
- Irlen Syndrome - colored overlays
- Vision therapy
- Skills: Phonemic awareness, memory, processing speed, attention, logic and more
- Hands-on activities
- Programs or create your own program
- Create a sample plan of intervention for LD students
- Brainstorm: 10+ strategies for improving test scores