Full Course Description
- Implement the DSM-5® criteria and cultural formulation interview to accurately assess for cultural influences as it relates to diagnosis.
- Recognize biases to improve clinical strategies, rapport, and engagement with a variety of clients.
- Develop a deep understanding of the impact of varying cultural group experiences to enhance empathy in session.
- Establish ethical standards for a culturally competent practice related therapeutic authority and effective self-disclosure.
- Utilize clinical strategies to address unintentional cultural offenses towards clients to increase treatment effectiveness.
- Apply skills to overcome cultural barriers such as language, religion and different belief systems to improve session outcomes.