Full Course Description
Treat Anxiety Fast: Certificate Course with Dr. David Burns
- Track therapeutic progress using the brief mood survey.
- Describe why therapists and clients alike avoid exposure.
- Describe at least five techniques for treating anxiety disorders.
- Develop a creative, individualized treatment plan for each client.
- Reduce therapeutic resistance in session and boost motivation.
- Integrate four powerful treatment models for anxiety.
- Select the most effective interventions for each client.
- Track the client’s perception of therapeutic alliance.
- Explain how the hidden emotion model works.
- Describe how the experimental technique works.
- List several cognitive distortions that trigger anxiety.
- Explain the concept of “failing as fast as you can”.
- Contrast outcome vs. process resistance for anxiety.
- Explain how the daily mood log works.
- Contrast classical, cognitive, and interpersonal exposure techniques.
What is TEAM-CBT? Reverse Hypnosis
Four Powerful Treatment Models for Anxiety Disorders
- How your anxious patients cast a spell on you and sabotage the treatment
Overcoming Toxic Shame (video)
- The Cognitive Model: I THINK therefore I FEAR
- Single session treatment for Panic Disorder (video)
- The Exposure Model: Taking a Page from the Tibetan Book of the Dead
- The Hidden Emotion Model: Cycling Back to Freud?
- The Motivational Model: Heading Off the Resistance at the Pass
- A Case of Severe Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Magic Button
- Positive Reframing
- Acid Test
- Magic Dial
The Cognitive Model
- Electrical engineer with Body Dysmorphic Disorder
- Recovery Circle: Failing as Fast as You Can
- A Visit to the Shopping Center from Hell
The Hidden Emotion Model
- Truth-Based Techniques
- Compassion-Based Techniques
- Uncovering Techniques
- Motivational Techniques
- Quantitative Techniques
- Visual Imaging Techniques
- Humor-Based Techniques
- Role-Playing Techniques
- Spiritual Techniques
Innovations in Exposure Therapy
- The Niceness Dynamic
- Bringing Hidden Feelings to Conscious Awareness
- Classical, Cognitive, and Interpersonal Exposure
Relapse Prevention Training
- Who Do We Treat? The Person or the Disorder?
- Getting Better vs. Feeling Better
Bonus: Overcoming Resistance in Depression Treatment
- The Ten Cognitive Distortions
- The Key to Therapeutic Resistance in Depression Treatment
- Cognitive Techniques
- The Paradoxical Agenda Setting
- Explain paradoxical agenda setting.