Sensorimotor Psychotherapy with Pat Ogden, Ph.D.: Body Oriented Therapy Techniques for Trauma and Attachment
1. Determine the significance of the language of the body.
2. Apply relational mindfulness interventions.
3. Explore somatic techniques for stabilization and regulation of arousal.
4. Investigate the significance of the “implicit” self.
5. Communicate why posture is significant in clients’ well being.
6. Critique why the “body-to-body” conversation is often theroot of problems in relationships.
The Wisdom of the Body
The body tells the story of the
non-conscious “implicit self”
Use dual awareness: mindfulness to reveal
the implicit self
Tap into the resources of the body in
The Legacy of Trauma
Symptoms of a traumatized body
Recalibrate a dysregulated nervous
system: the window of tolerance
Restore empowering actions to heal
The Legacy of Attachment
Working with physical signs of attachment
Learn the significance of posture and how
to work with it
Support relational movement sequences
Body to Body Conversation
Translate the language of the body in
Resolve couple’s (marriage and parent
Expand the client’s window of tolerancewith play Copyright : 11/14/2018