Full Course Description
PCCN® Certification Exam Prep Package with Practice Test and NSN Access
Are you unsure of how to study, and wonder if your current level of knowledge is sufficient to pass the examination? This package of training videos, tools, and practice tests will provide you with everything needed to prepare to take the PCCN exam.
As a Certified Progressive Care Nurse, you will have:
- More confidence in your clinical assessment skills
- Fewer errors
- Better Collaboration with the medical team
- Improved patient satisfaction with the care you provide
Demonstrate your commitment to clinical expertise and professional development by joining expert Cyndi Zarbano, MSN, BSN, CCRN, CEN, PCCN, CLNC, for this comprehensive learning experience. In addition to a complete review of clinical and professional issues per the current exam blueprint, you will gain valuable test preparation and test-taking tips that are certain to aid your quest for success on the PCCN exam!
Professional Caring & Ethical Practices
- Overview of the Synergy Model of Care
- Family-Centered Care
- Informatics for the Bed-side Nurse
- Cardiovascular assessment
- Pharmacology to enhance cardiac output
- Acute Coronary Syndrome
- Acute and chronic heart failure
- Aortic aneurysm
Hematology & Immunology
- Anaphylactic shock
- Blood products for the coagulopathic patient
- Caring for the immune-comprised patient
- Diabetes Insipidus
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Hyperosmolar Hyperglycemic Syndrome
- GI Bleeds
- Intestinal ischemia and infarction
- C. Diff
- Nutrition planning for the acute and chronically ill adult patient
- Assessment and care of the brain-injured patient
- Intracranial hemorrhage
- Subarachnoid hemorrhage
- Bed-side assessment of dysphagia
- Acute and chronic renal failure
- Electrolyte disorders
- Dialysis strategies
- Pulmonary medication implications
- Acute respiratory failure
- Mechanical ventilation strategies
- Care strategies for the thoracic surgery patient
- Shock: cardiogenic, hypovolemic, septic
- Hospital-acquired infections
- Wound care
Behavioral & Psychosocial
- Delirium, Depression & Dementia
- Suicidal patients & precautions
- Sleep & the hospitalized patient
- Application process
- Test blueprint review
- Incorporate the Synergy Model as it pertains to patients and their families, as well as patient care plans in Progressive Care.
- Integrate cardiac, pulmonary, neurologic, renal, hematologic, immunologic, endocrine, multi-system and gastrointestinal assessments including an understanding of the correlating physiology and pathophysiology.
- Choose the correct drug dosage calculation, continuous medication infusion administration and patient monitoring for medication effects.
- Select appropriate patient monitoring equipment using standardized procedures.
- Assess signs and symptoms of cardiopulmonary emergencies and initiation of standardized
- Categorize the necessary interventions to stabilize a patient awaiting transfer to critical care.
- Anticipate the needs of the long-term mechanical ventilated patient as well as weaning techniques and procedures.
- Evaluate the family's need for enhanced involvement in care to facilitate the transition from hospital to home.
- Utilize the educational components necessary to help patient succeed related to diet, exercise, and medications.
- Determine the signs and symptoms of life threatening electrolyte abnormalities and rapid interventions.
- Analyze the interpretation of commonly ordered labs.
- Specify legal and ethical implications of professional nursing issues and concerns.
- Apply treatment modalities and nursing interventions to include outcomes and evaluation criteria of common disorders of each body system.
- Nurse Practitioners
- Clinical Nurse Specialists