Full Course Description
Wound Care Certification: Exam Prep Course with Practice Test & NSN Access
- Anatomy & Physiology of the Skin
- Wound Healing Principles
- Assessment of the Patient with a Wound
- Principle of Wound Management
- Patient & Caregiver Education Principles
- Nutrition Assessment
- Principles of Topical Therapy
- Wound Cleansing & Dressing Selection
- Wound Debridement Guidelines
- Wound Infection
- Refractory Wounds
- Wounds in Special Populations
- Neonates/Pediatric Patients
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Mechanical Injuries & Top Down Damage
- Prevention of Pressure Injuries & Therapeutic Surfaces
- Lower Extremity Wounds
- Venous Insufficiency, Lymphedema
- Arterial Disease
- Neuropathic Disease
- Differential Assessment
- Foot and Nail Care
- Special Considerations & Complications
- Infectious Process
- Dermatology Related
- Thermal Wounds
- Traumatic & Surgical Wounds
- Palliative Wounds
- Fistula & Tube Management
- Assess skin clues regarding wound etiology.
- Evaluate patients with compromised nutritional status.
- Determine the differences between healing, maintenance, and comfort wound goals.
- Analyze bacteria characteristics, loads, and indications for systemic antibiotics.
- Prioritize treatment strategies for refractory wounds.
- Distinguish between lymphedema, lipedema, and venous insufficiency edema.
- Differentiate assessment/treatment for stasis dermatitis, atrophie blanche, lipodermatosclerosis.
- Measure level of compression to ankle-brachial index
- Establish management guidelines for Stevens-Johnson syndrome & toxic epidermal necrolysis.
- Consider the phenomena of Pressure Injuries in the Critically Ill Patient
- Specify key considerations in the management of traumatic wounds
- Incorporate guidelines for prevention & management of surgical wound complications
Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Clinical Nurse Specialists, Physical Therapists
Module 4: Wound Care Certification
Module 7: Wound Care Certification
073560-Coaching the Ostomate Toward Self Skills
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to: PO Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call 1-800-844-8260.