Full Course Description
Med-Surg Certification (CMSRN) Exam Prep Course
Pass the Med-Surg Certification Exam...The First Time
Preparation for the exam has just become easier and more effective!
With this innovative online course, we will cover the entire exam blueprint included in the Medical-Surgical Nursing Certification Board and the American Nurses Credentialing Center Medical-Surgical certification exams. With an in-depth review of systems and a refresher on current best practices, you will be prepared for success. You won’t just be reviewing key concepts, but you’ll take it an important step further to reinforce them through realistic test questions! You'll also gain valuable test-taking strategies and tips that will aid in your quest to become a certified Med-Surg nurse.
Join expert Cyndi Zarbano, MSN, CCRN, CEN, PCCN, LNC, for this comprehensive online course that includes a powerful practice exam and unlimited access to all online resources. You can finally achieve your dream of becoming certified — the first time you take the exam!
Here's what you will get with this online course:
- Ability to watch the course videos on your own pace and schedule
- No cramming, stress, or fear
- Relevance to your everyday work situations and challenges
- Most importantly...EXAM SUCCESS!
Get started immediately! This dynamic course will increase not only your medical-surgical knowledge, but has the potential to expand your earning potential and employment opportunities!
- Determine the differences between the ANCC and the MSNCB exam and choose which will best suit current practice.
- Evaluate the anatomy and physiology of common disorders for each body system.
- Apply treatment modalities and nursing interventions to include outcomes and evaluation criteria of common disorders of each body system.
- Determine the normal values for commonly ordered labs.
- Determine the underlying etiologies of disruptions in physiologic homeostasis.
- Analyze key components of a comprehensive review of systems, including diagnosis and rationale for treatment.
- Categorize the most common medications ordered by disease process.
- Substantiate legal and ethical implications of professional nursing issues and concerns.
- Anticipate the needs of special populations during acute illness.
- Incorporate effective test-taking strategies.
- Develop a study plan for the exam based on understanding the blueprint and domains of practice covered.
- Anticipate pearls and pitfalls in both preparing for and taking the medical surgical nurse certification exam.
- Prioritize nursing actions for specific neurological, cardiac, respiratory and endocrine emergencies.
- Investigate early assessment findings in clinical syndromes that may progress rapidly and cause life-threatening conditions.
- System Review
- Spectrum of coronary ischemia
- From unstable angina to sudden cardiac arrest
- Rhythm analysis and dysrhythmia’s
- Heart blocks
- Heart failure
- Valve disease
- Cardiogenic shock
- System Review
- Cerebral vascular accident (CVA)
- Cerebral Aneurysm (SAH)
- Increased intracranial pressure
- Multiple sclerosis
- Parkinson’s disease
- Myasthenia gravis
- Temporal arteritis
- Spinal cord injury
- Compartment Syndrome
- Arthritis (RA/Osteo/Gout)
- Skin Cancer
- Staging Decubitus Ulcers
Fluids and Electrolytes
- Diabetes – Type one and two
- Diabetic ketoacidosis
- Hyperosmolar hyperglycemic state
- Adrenal diseases
- Conn’s Syndrome
- Diabetes insipidus
- Isotonic solutions
- Emphysema + Chronic Bronchitis = COPD
- Pulmonary embolus
- Pleural Effusion
- Inhalation injury
- Lung cancers
- Pulmonary contusion
- Rib fractures
- Ruptured diaphragm
- Chest tubes
- CBC with differential
- Blood products
- Sickle Cell
- Review types and interventions
- Cardiogenic (covered in cardiac section)
- Benign Prosthetic Hypertrophy (BPH)
- Renal Failure and Lab Clues
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Review three category of causes
- Chronic kidney disease
- GI bleeds
- Liver Disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Bowel obstruction
Professional Issues: Legal and Ethical
- Multiple co-morbidities
- Morbid obesity
- Surgical interventions
- Dumping Syndrome
- Patient education
- Ethical principles
- Nursing negligence
- Differences between the two exams (ANCC and MSNCB)
- Test taking strategies
- Domains of practice and test blue prints
- Nurse Practitioners
- Clinical Nurse Specialists
6 Easy Steps to ABG Analysis
Common Complications in Orthopedic Surgical Patients
Mastering Neuro Part 1
Mastering Neuro Part 2
Advanced Hemodynamics Principles of Monitoring
Cardiac Rhythm Review
Delirium Dementia Delusion
Fluids and Electrolytes Made Easy
How to Manage the Neuro Patient
Life Threatening EKG Changes