Grab your yoga pants and get ready for experiential learning in our online course: Yoga & Mindfulness: Clinical Interventions and Demonstrations. This course is an interactive tool for learning how the powerful strategies of Yoga & Mindfulness can help soothe the bodies and quiet the minds of your clients.
Yoga and Mindfulness therapies generate health and happiness by incorporating principles of neuroscience, neuroplasticity, bi-directional body/mind communication and innate basic goodness. The practices featured in this course help release trauma imprints, calm worried minds, soothe painful emotions, and replace harmful thoughts.
Through over 11 hours of video content from two of today's leading yoga and mindfulness experts, Mary NurrieStearns, MSW, LCSW, RYT, and Barbara Neiman, OTR, you'll learn practical, easy to implement strategies and techniques that you can immediately apply in your practice to help your clients struggling with trauma, anxiety, depression, and more.
Here are just a few of the transformational practices covered in the Yoga & Mindfulness: Clinical Interventions and Demonstrations online video series:
- Understand yoga as a clinical intervention to help treat the symptoms of anxiety and depression, promote healing, and improve mental health.
- Learn how to implement therapeutic interventions to rewire the brain and enhance the mental health of your clients.
- Explore breathing practices to help soothe anxiety and boost the mood of your clients.
- Discover yoga techniques you can quickly and safely apply to your practice (for all skill levels) during interactive sessions with leading yoga and mindfulness experts.
In this comprehensive online training, Mary NurrieStearns, MSW, LCSW, RYT, will guide you step-by-step through six modules of in-depth training, all designed to help you effectively integrate Yoga and Mindfulness tools and strategies into your practice.
An expert presenter, Mary's teaching is light-hearted and relevant to your work. Infused with practical, clinical examples and practices that you can easily implement into your own practice, this seminar focuses on how to utilize yoga and mindfulness as clinical resources in your day-to-day work.
Enroll today to learn how to help your clients rewire their thinking brain, live in the present moment and be more comfortable in their body through these powerful approaches. You'll explore why yoga & mindfulness are so successful and growing in popularity even compared to prescription drugs. Join Mary to learn how to:
- Use yoga and mindfulness to help treat the symptoms anxiety and depression, promote healing and improve mental health
- Develop specific yoga practices and sequences to relieve the symptoms your client's anxiety and depression
- Teach your clients to stabilize their breath and boost their mood
- Implement strategies that rewire the thinking brain
- Discover tools for healing shame and promoting posttraumatic growth
Use simple, yet powerful, yoga techniques as clinical interventions for anxiety, trauma and more. Learn easy methods for teaching your clients through step-by-step demonstrations of each technique. Mary will guide you through:
- Understanding yoga as an clinical intervention
- Reducing your client's symptoms of anxiety with breathing interventions
- Reducing your client's panic and dissociation with a simple body scan
- Healing your client's symptoms of complex trauma through mantras
- Soothing your client's body with a comfort pass
Get your yoga gear on and follow along during this hour-long chakra-based yoga practice. This session is designed for learning how to help your clients heal, both mentally and physically, from the aftermath of emotional trauma. You'll join Mary NurrieStearns for an experiential session where you'll learn how to implement the following practices with your clients:
- "I am safe"
- "I am alive"
- "I choose"
- "I feel"
- "I express"
- "I know"
- "I am"
This one hour interactive yoga session begins with an educational introduction and then moves into a guided practice. You'll follow along with four practitioners who demonstrate modifications that you can customize for your client's skill level. Carefully instructed, this video teaches you how focusing on breathing, witnessing thoughts, being aware of the present moment, enjoying simple movement, and using your imagination promote your clients journey to healing.
Do you work with children and adolescents with autism, anxiety, depression, learning disabilities, and special needs? This two hour workshop demonstrates how to use breathing, yoga poses, hand placements, short meditations and guided imagery with your pediatric clients.
Get 115 practical and easy-to-use tools supporting critical life skills for families, classrooms and therapy sessions. Holistic strategies include:
- Meditation to support your client's body-mind-spirit connection
- Yoga pose adaptations for clients with autism, sensory processing, and special needs
- Guided imagery for trauma
- Tools to tune your client's somatic self and enjoy silence and nature
- Personal mantras customized for your client
- Classroom interventions for building life skills
Bringing together philosophy and science with hands-on exercises, journaling, and charts, this practical workbook by psychologists and best-selling authors C. Alexander Simpkins, Ph.D., and Annellen M. Simpkins, Ph.D., is organized to include:
- The tools to get you started using yoga and mindfulness in your practice, including: preliminaries, quick tips, neuroscience and efficacy research
- Clear instructions to guide your clients in the practices of yoga and mindfulness
- Applications of the practice of yoga to helping heal anxiety, stress, depression, trauma and substance abuse
- An appendix created to answer questions about how and when to introduce the techniques, ways to adapt to your office, and special ways to address children and seniors
Mary NurrieStearns and Barbara Neiman share their knowledge and experience through over 11 hours of teaching videos and powerful exercises. Click here for course objectives and outline.
Review all the course materials at your own pace and at your convenience! The resources in this course are yours to keep forever. Just watch your email for the order confirmation and link to get immediate access to all course videos and materials online, plus downloadable PDF books that will further expand your therapy toolbox.
You'll have the opportunity to instantly collaborate with other professionals on the course materials through interactive message boards. You'll be part of a community of practitioners all focused on these materials, providing valuable opportunities to share insight and experiences, and to build your professional network.
Complete your online CE tests and earn up to 11.75 CE Hours! Click here for Credit Information and approval details specific to your profession.
Barbara Neiman, OTR, is an Integrative Occupational Therapist, Yoga Teacher 200RYT in Embodyyoga®, a coach for professionals seeking a holistic practice and a National Seminar Presenter. She teaches courses on Yoga and Mindfulness around the country. She created her company, Health Discovery, in 1988, to provide services for infants through school age children. As a Certified Practitioner of Body Mind Centering since 1989, Barbara has taught experiential hands on, movement, and meditation classes to hundreds of students.
Resources include coaching, trainings for yoga in the schools, private yoga sessions, a downloadable webinar, “Integrating Mind, Body, Spirit Medicine into your Practice,” and professional manuals and journal articles. Blogs on her website include posts about digital detox, executive function skills for teens, sensory integration, wellness, etc. Barbara has several DVDs available on Yoga and mindfulness at www.PESI.com, and recently published the practical book Mindfulness & Yoga Skills for Children and Adolescents: 115 Activities for Trauma, Self-Regulation, Special Needs & Anxiety.
Financial: Mary NurrieStearns maintains a private practice. She receives royalties as an author for New Harbinger’s Publishing. Ms. NurrieStearns receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc. Non-financial: Mary NurrieStearns has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Financial: Barbara Neiman is in a leadership position with Health Discovery. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc. Nonfinancial: Barbara Neiman is a member of the Body Mind Centering Association and of the Yoga Alliance.