Develop the skills & confidence to defuse and transform angry clients
Anger is the single most destructive element in life...
It has the power to destroy relationships both personal and professional.
Prolonged anger poisons our bodies and can lead to depression and violence.
Virtually all clients who pursue therapy are intensely angry with one or more people in their lives.
Unfortunately, most clinicians are not trained to deal with anger directly. We’re taught that if we help clients resolve their problems, the anger will disappear. Unfortunately, this approach often results in prolonged therapy with uncertain results.
To successfully work with those needing help for anger management, you must understand anger...
...And know how to use each individual’s unique background, family system, and other factors to untangle their complex relationships with anger.
In this online certification training course, you’ll get proven strategies and dozens of helpful resources to help you transform anger into something your clients can use to become calmer and happier.
To your great success,
Dr. Jeff Peterson, Ph.D., LCPC, LPC, NCC, PCC
BONUS! When you complete this course, you’ll be immediately eligible to become a Certified Specialist in Anger Management (CSAM). And we’ll even cover the cost of certification for your first year (a $149.99 value)!
Transforming Anger: A Certified Specialist in Anger Management (CSAM) Training Course
Just $459.99 Today — Unbelievable Savings!
Following this course, you will:
- Be a certified anger management expert so you can grow your client load and build your practice
- Understand the neurobiology of anger and why we are all so different when it comes to processing and expressing this emotion
- Confidently engage clients who are resistant or even hostile in session as you do your part to help reduce aggression and violence within our communities
- Learn how to reduce the body’s anger response with mindfulness, breathing techniques, and progressive muscle relaxation — tools you can take with you and use with all your clients…
- And SO much more!
- Anger systems in the brain
- The fight-flight-freeze response of anger
- Connections between the frontal and temporoparietal region
- How breathing affects the survival brain
- Why fighting/hiding anger doesn’t work
- The relationship between anger and addiction
- Intermittent Explosive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- When anxiety presents as anger
- The role of anger in depression
- Anger after trauma
- Avoidance, shame, fear and guilt
- The connection between anger and grief
- The cycle of anger
- How anger styles inform your clinical approach
- Masked anger
- Explosive anger
- Chronic anger
- Passive aggressive
- Assessment of violence potential
- Is domestic abuse an anger management problem?
- Controlling others
- Create a safe therapeutic environment
- Build emotional vocabulary
- Establish short-term and long-term goals
- Strategies for working with groups
- How to use anger logs with clients
- Monitoring physiological sensations of anger
- Identify words and actions that escalate
- Practical goals and commitment to change
- Assessing for client strengths
- Reset anger with breath work
- Progressive muscle relaxation techniques to maintain control
- Mindful anger techniques and choice awareness
- Guided imagery to put clients in charge of anger
- The Lifesaver Technique
- CBT exercises to reduce negative self-talk
- Cognitive restructuring and defusing judgmental thoughts
- Problem-solving and hypothetical situation training
- Creative thought stopping tools for emotional regulation
- Distraction and disengagement strategies
- Anger and identity
- The cost of avoidance
- Why forgiveness (and self-forgiveness) is never easy
- Prerequisites to letting go of the past
- How to conduct a cost-benefit analysis intervention
- Forgiveness interventions to “turn off” resentment
- Assertiveness training techniques
- Communicate anger effectively with “I” statements
- The active role of acceptance
- Mindfully respond to anger in interpersonal relationships
- Defuse anger with humor and other conflict resolution strategies
- How anger escalates in kids
- Normalizing anger as a healthy emotion
- Communication skills to alleviate frustration
- Coping skills for stress and anxiety
- Feelings thermometer – connect feelings to coping skills
- When mundane resentments spiral out of control
- Interventions to overcome the blame habit
- Teach clients active listening skills
- Strategies to build emotional intelligence in couples
Just $459.99 Today — Stunning Savings!
Are you ready to step into the life awaiting you as a Certified Specialist in Anger Management (CSAM)? It's yours in just three easy steps!
Step 1: Watch this online course.
Step 2: Complete the continuing education quiz and instantly print your certificate of completion.
Step 3: Submit your certificate of completion and professional license to Evergreen Certifications.
Click here for full Certification requirements.
*Professional standards apply. Learn more at www.evergreencertifications.com/csam
We partner with Evergreen Certifications to include certification with some of our products. When you purchase such a product, we may disclose your information to Evergreen Certifications for purposes of providing services directly to you or to contact you regarding relevant offers.
Benefits of Certification
- Clinical expertise: Show clients and colleagues your practice is based on leading-edge research in this complex area of mental health.
- Client trust: Certification shows your clients you care about providing the best care possible. It reveals your professional ability to take on challenging clients and succeed!
- Documentation of knowledge: Certification is both a professional and personal accomplishment. It’s an unbiased barometer of your training and dedication to your practice.
- Improved insurance reimbursements: Receive more favorable consideration from insurance companies and managed care panels.
- Professional recognition: Set yourself apart from the thousands of clinicians relying on outdated methods to treat their clients. Increase your opportunities for career advancement and client referrals.
- Confidence and self-esteem, including body image struggles
- Overwhelming school assignments & test anxiety
- Schedule demands
- Friend drama & pressure as well as family frustration & conflicts
- Self-sabotaging behaviors
- And SO much more!
Dr. Jeff Peterson, PhD, LCPC, LPC, NCC, PCC, has lectured to mental health professionals throughout the country on how to avoid Microaggressions in a clinical setting, ethical concerns in therapy, and the psychological effects of shame.Click here for information about Jeff Peterson
Just $459.99 Today — Amazing Savings!
"This was seriously one of the best trainings I've ever listened to." — James F.
"Really excellent course. Very thorough." — Brian U.
Just $459.99 Today — Staggering Savings!