If you work in healthcare, mental health, veterinary medicine, rehab or any helping profession this is one course you will want in your toolbox. You are not alone – you empower your clients but sometimes forget to take your own advice in caring for yourself. Compassion Fatigue is common amongst helping professionals at some point in their careers.
Compassion is at the heart of your work, and at the heart of you. But excessive demands on your empathy can leave you worn down, numb, dreading your next day on the job, and wishing you could stop the awful and exhausting feeling that you’re drowning in the suffering of others.
This is Compassion Fatigue. It’s more than being overworked, and it’s a threat to the safety of your patients, your own wellbeing, your relationships, and your career.
This self-directed online course is exactly what you need to regain purpose, fulfillment, and thrive in your profession – whether you’re already experiencing the emotional burnout of Compassion Fatigue or want to make sure you avoid it.
Best of all, you can add a valuable certification to your resume and become a Certified Compassion Fatigue Professional (CCFP) through Evergreen Certifications upon completion of this course – at no additional cost to you giving you the opportunity to stand out from the crowd and let clients, colleagues, and employers know that you’re a trusted resource on a quickly growing issue.
Register for this self-paced online course and invest in your future to ensure you continue to provide the best care possible for your patients and yourself!
PLUS: 3 FREE bonuses! Digital content with hands-on tools you can use immediately to end burn-out and overcome Compassion Fatigue!
In just three easy steps, you will become a Certified Compassion Fatigue Professional (CCFP) starting today:
Step 1: Watch the online course.
Step 2: Complete the CE test and instantly print your certificate of completion.
Step 3: Submit the Certification Questionnaire included in this training, and your application is complete.*
*Professional standards apply. Learn more at www.evergreencertifications.com/ccfp
We partner with Evergreen Certifications to include certification with some of our products. When you purchase such a product, we may disclose your information to Evergreen Certifications for purposes of providing services directly to you or to contact you regarding relevant offers.
In over 6 hours of on-demand video training that you can watch on your schedule and at your pace, you’ll discover the tools and immediately actionable strategies you need to:
- Find relief from the traumatic stresses stemming from your emotionally demanding work
- Bring greater healing to patients working in the helping professions
- Maintain genuine compassion in your work and home life
- Bring emotional and physical calm in stressful situations
- Reduce staff turnover with a more supportive work environment
- Create rewarding relationships with patients, co-workers, and loved ones
with Debra Alvis, Ph.D.
Debra Alvis, Ph.D. will provide you with the tools you need in your Compassion and Empathy Toolkit to maintain purpose, fulfillment and thrive.
Whether you are experiencing Compassion Fatigue for the first time or chronic symptoms, Debra has new, in-depth insights that will expand your repertoire of Compassion Fatigue so you can get back to where you need to be for yourself and for the clients who need you.
Compassion Fatigue’s Impact on Professionals, the Workplace, and Caregivers
- History of compassion fatigue
- Compassion fatigue, secondary trauma, depression, and burnout
- Recognize contributing factors
- The source of psychological suffering
- Identify how compassion fatigue robs you of your ability to nurture
- The ethics of self-care – research evidence
Red Flags to Watch for: Signs and Symptoms of Compassion Fatigue
- The nervous system’s role in CF and its symptomology
- Assessment instruments for self and others
- Identify triggers for emotional distress
- Review your personal/professional history
The Compassion and Empathy Toolkit: How to Maintain Purpose, Fulfillment and Thrive
- Reset during the workday with strategies to:
- Restore compassion & clarity
- Reconnect with the rewards
- Raise your gratitude quotient
- Apply your signature strengths in new ways
- Build competence and compassion by being present
Conquer Burnout with Strategies To: De-Stress, Manage Emotions, Reduce Anxiety, and Stop Feeling Overwhelmed
- Deep breathing exercises for immediate calm
- Right here/right now – stay in the moment to reduce anxieties
- Effective and healthy ways to manage your emotions
- Change limiting stories about caring for yourself
- Release the negative – 3 steps to countering negativity bias
Create a Healthy Home/Work Balance
- Bring calm after work hours with relaxation techniques
- Restore body & mind with awareness
- Stop replaying your day – strategies to end rumination
- How to rewire your brain towards happiness
- Food as medicine – nutrition tips for enhancing resiliency and wellbeing
Retention and Resiliency Strategies: How Organizations and Individuals Can Build Better Work Environments
- How cleansing the toxic workplace combats compassion fatigue
- Manage bullying and blaming
- Communication strategies for collaborative relationships
- Stair-steps towards building resilient practitioners
- Empowering leadership for change
Overcoming Compassion Fatigue is a fresh workbook approach to effectively handle the inherent exhaustion, burnout and stress professionals naturally face when working with those in pain and distress.
Written by two practicing clinicians experienced in compassion fatigue and CBT, this manual will equip you with practical tools to manage your work and minimize your risk of personal harm. Expertly woven with personal experiences, assessment tools, proven interventions, and prevention strategies.
You’ll take away:
- Self-assessment measures to determine your level of risk
- CBT skills to overcome distress
- Worksheets and exercises to equip you to make powerful changes
- Strategies to change your workplace
Cultivate kindness & compassion for yourself and others!
The Self-Compassion Deck offers 50 mindfulness-based practices for use at home, in the classroom, or therapy office. Commit to these easy, yet meaningful exercises in kindheartedness and gain a deeper appreciation for yourself and your life.
The practice of self-compassion has been proven to:
- Improve well-being
- Regulate emotions
- Reduce depression and anxiety
Stay attuned and empathic towards even the most challenging clients. The Anti-Burnout Card Deck will help you let go of emotional residue and countertransference between sessions and finish each day with a sense of satisfaction.
54 brief, accessible and empowering practices to:
- Regain balance & Enjoy the work
- Cultivate empathetic attunement & Manage countertransference triggers
- Build Compassion & Practice self-care
Praise for the course from your peers...
“Thank you for including those breathing exercises in the packet .” – LR
“Highly enjoyable program. Speaker was engaging and informative!” – Heather J.
“Effective tools. I am appreciative of presenters preparation and ensuring that I learn the most.” – Cristina P.
This program is exactly what you need to regain purpose, fulfillment, and thrive in your profession – whether you’re already experiencing the emotional burnout of Compassion Fatigue, or want to make sure you avoid it.
- With over 6 hours of video online training, award-winning book, Compassion Fatigue Deck of cards, insightful commentary, case studies and video examples, you will have powerful new clinical strategies that you can immediately apply to change your life! We encourage you to take the time to fully absorb everything. Watch the tapes. Read the materials. Get your CE hours!
- But, if you review all of the course materials and are still not satisfied, just let us know. Your satisfaction is guaranteed.
- Yes! Once you register for the course, the materials are yours for life.
We’re that confident you'll find this learning experience to be all that's promised and more than you expected.