What if your clients could use their emotions as a compass?
Rather than being overwhelmed by strong feelings, what if they could be resilient and confident?
Instead of getting caught in ineffective habitual patterns, what if they could be flexible and adaptive?
In this intensive certificate training in Emotionally Focused Individual Therapy (EFIT), you'll take the next step in learning how to help your clients achieve emotional balance by facilitating transformational in-session moments.
Now is your chance to go beyond what you learned in EFIT Level 1 training. Hone your skills while discovering even more of what EFIT has to offer so that you can create predictable, repeatable, lasting change with even your most challenging clients!With treatment developer Dr. Sue Johnson and senior EFIT trainer Dr. Leanne Campbell as your guides, you'll:
- Increase your confidence in flexibly using the EFIT Tango to choreograph and process powerful corrective emotional experiences
- Develop advanced skills for dissolving shame, self-blame, and self-loathing to set your clients on a path of healing
- Deepen your ability to manage the focus, pace, and intensity of therapy so you can feel more confident working with your clients
- Navigate key clinical decision points so that you can shift even your most complex clients into a secure attachment style
This comprehensive training includes easy-to-understand, on-demand teaching videos featuring in-depth clinical demonstrations and experiential exercises to get you more fully centered in this evidence-based model than you've ever been before!
PLUS, once you complete this training, you'll receive your Level 2 Certificate in EFIT from ICEEFT, the International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy — and be another step closer to EFIT Certification!
REGISTER TODAY to give your clients the transformation they've been seeking.
a scientist who looks for patterns."
With attachment science as a guide to deeply understanding your clients, you'll create more lasting change than ever before!
After watching Dr. Sue Johnson's and Dr. Leanne Campbell's direct work with their clients... you'll know just what to say to help your clients shift out of emotional reactivity and numbing to feel confident and competent in the world, ready to face whatever life brings.
Become an EFIT-informed therapist and give your clients not only symptom relief, but profound growth! When you register today, you'll receive unlimited, on-demand access to all course materials, including teaching modules and a comprehensive manual of slides, handouts, case examples, transcripts, and exercises.
I wish I'd learned it many years ago."
I felt like I grew therapeutically just learning from them."
- 10 ways to bring attachment science into every session
- Core tools for reprocessing emotion — reflect, validate, ask, heighten, and interpret
- How to shape new interactions with self and other
- When to respect client reluctance to take emotional risks and how to contain negative internal messages
- Skills to deepen the 5 basic moves of the EFIT Tango
- Advanced tips to use voice, tone, images, and metaphors to strengthen client engagement
- How to find the right window of tolerance and adjust pacing, type, focus, and intensity of interventions
- Top tips for identifying and revisiting pivotal developmental moments
- Keys for tuning in to clients' innate capacity for growth
- Strategies to move clients toward greater emotional balance
- Techniques to develop resources for clients via key attachment figures and the therapeutic relationship
- How to use The Experiencing Scale to monitor progress
- How to dissolve shame, self-blame, and self-loathing by expanding perception and emotion
- Ways to offer comfort, affirmation, and support to clients in session that grow their progress
- How to use clients' images, scenes, and emotional handles to create emotional change
- Tools to help clients shift conceptions of self and others to be more flexible
- Strategies for gaining closure, coherence, and competence
- How to transform core identity dilemmas so that clients' attachment style becomes more secure
- How to choreograph and process corrective emotional experiences
- Skills to help clients more clearly identify and express their needs
- How to keep processing going when potential blocks arise with acceptance, exploration, and validation
- Best practices for providing reflections and summaries that help clients organize new experience
- Effective ways to make client change explicit and celebrate progress
- How to create a plan to manage triggers, anniversaries, and other potential symptom aggravators
Sue Johnson, EdD, a leading innovator in the field, is an author, clinical psychologist, researcher, professor, and popular presenter, trainer, and speaker. She is the primary developer of Emotionally Focused Couples and Family Therapy (EFT), which has demonstrated effectiveness in over 30 years of peer-reviewed clinical research.
Dr. Johnson is founding Director of the International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy (ICEEFT) and Distinguished Research Professor at Alliant University in San Diego, California, and Professor, Clinical Psychiatry at the University of British Columbia, Canada, as well as Professor Emeritus, Clinical Psychology, at the University of Ottawa, Canada. She consults with over 75 international institutes and affiliated centers who practice EFT, in addition to the U.S. and Canadian militaries and veterans affairs.
Dr. Johnson is the author of numerous books and articles including A Primer for Emotionally Focused Individual Therapy (EFIT): Cultivating Growth and Fitness in Every Client (2021), Attachment Theory in Practice: EFT with Individuals, Couples and Families (2019), The Practice of Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy: Creating Connection (3rd edition, 2019), and Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy with Trauma Survivors (2002).Click here for information about Susan Johnson.
Leanne Campbell, PhD, is a Registered Psychologist, author, researcher, co-founder and managing partner of Campbell & Fairweather Psychology group, and an ICEEFT (International Center for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy) Certified Trainer.
In addition to providing psychological services to hundreds of individuals, couples, and families over the past three decades, Dr. Campbell provides trainings in Emotionally-Focused Therapy (EFT) to professionals around the globe with a primary focus in the areas of grief and trauma. Most recently, she co-authored with Dr. Sue Johnson the first individually focused EFT book, A Primer for Emotionally Focused Individual Therapy (EFIT): Cultivating Growth and Fitness in Every Client (2021), and was also an author on Becoming an Emotionally Focused Therapist: The Workbook (2nd Edition, 2022).Click here for information about Leanne Campbell.
Note that you do not need to have prior training in EFT for couples or EFFT for families in order to train in EFIT.
We’re that confident you'll find this learning experience to be all that's promised and more than you expected.