The IFS Online Circle offers a foundational overview of the IFS model with over 40 hours of recorded teaching videos and live Q & A monthly calls with the presenters. It is a great way to dip your toe into the model to determine if you want to invest in future IFS trainings. The IFS Level 1 Training is a comprehensive training program of roughly 100 training hours, staffed with an intimate student to staff ratio of 3:1 to ensure adequate close hands-on supervision of the participants for experiential exercises. You can learn more about these trainings here
Become an IFS-informed therapist
through our comprehensive, state-of-the-art online program
Join Dr. Richard (Dick) Schwartz and IFS Senior Trainers to learn the complete fundamentals of the IFS model
We're excited to announce that enrollment is now open for IFS Online Circle, the only foundational online course offered by the IFS Institute.
IFS is one of the fastest growing therapy approaches in the world — because it works!
Using a non-pathologizing, evidence-based approach to healing, IFS effectively works with the client’s inner parts for transformative outcomes with PTSD, anxiety, depression, substance abuse, eating disorders and more.
This is your unique opportunity to learn IFS directly from the founder himself, Dr. Richard Schwartz, along with his hand-picked team of Senior Lead Trainers!
In this intensive 6-month online course, you’ll be fully immersed into the IFS model through clinical demonstrations, experiential learning sessions, and engaging, face-to-face webinars.
Plus, you'll have the opportunity to submit your real-life case consultations and get step-by-step guidance and practical solutions to your specific clinical challenges.
You’ll end this program with a foundational understanding of the IFS model, along with the essential skills and insight needed to begin incorporating IFS with your clients.
But hurry, registration is only available for a very limited time, so be sure to sign up today!
Internal Family Systems (IFS) Online Circle: Foundations of the IFS ModelIntensive Online Course
Note: this program is not meant to replace the IFS Level 1 Training, which is required for IFS Certification. Those who complete the IFS Online Circle can refer to themselves as IFS-Informed.
When you register today, you'll receive:
- Monthly Teaching Modules: Join Senior Trainers Toni Herbine-Blank and Pamela Krause to discover, step-by-step, essential IFS insight and interventions. As you complete each module, you’ll gain new skills and confidence on your journey to becoming an IFS-informed therapist.
- 1 LIVE Q&A webinar each month: Engage with your instructors in an up-close learning environment where you can get answers to your specific IFS clinical questions.
- PDF handouts of slides, transcripts, and exercises to use as quick reference resources during the learning program and beyond.
- Private access to a community of elite IFS professionals through the online course portal. Engage with your peers, post your questions, and be encouraged as you grow with fellow clinicians from around the world.
Stability and Leadership
IFS Founder, Dick Schwartz and Senior lead IFS trainers Toni Herbine-Blank, and Pamela Krause will guide you step-by-step through 6 monthly modules where you’ll dive deep into the IFS model and discover its transformational healing ability for yourself.
Your registration includes lifetime access to the course content, including the teaching videos, handouts, and learning exercises!
Can’t attend the live Q&A webinars? Don't worry, all live webinars will be recorded, so you can view them on-demand whenever works for your schedule.
- Understand the foundations of the IFS model
- Discover the goals of IFS therapy
- The nature of parts: A mapping exercise with Pamela Krause
- Learn about Self from an IFS perspective
- Client Demonstration: Unblending & establishing a relationship with parts to enhance your therapeutic practice
- An introduction of protectors & exiles and how they apply to the IFS model
- Live Q&A webinar with Toni Herbine-Blank: October 20th at 1 pm ET/12 pm CT/10 am PT
- Learn the types of protectors within the IFS model and how they effect healing
- Introduction to the 6 "Fs" and the steps of unblending of a damaged part
- Discover the 7 common protector fears that client's show
- Client demonstration and debrief to further your treatment outcomes
- An introduction to nature of exiles and what they do
- Discussion on "what is a burden?"
- Live Q&A webinar with Pamela Krause on November 16th at 12 pm ET/11 am CT/9 am PT
- The steps of healing a burden within a client to enhance outcomes
- Unpacking the steps to healing to get the best results from each session
- Case presentation: Trauma behind the rage
- Summary and debrief of case presentation
- Live Q&A webinar with Richard Schwartz: December 8th at 4 pm ET/3 pm CT/1 pm PT
- Introduction to systemic work within the IFS model
- Functions of polarization within your Self
- Discover the goals of treatment and how to work with polarizations
- Learn the different modalities of IFS
- Introduction to Direct Access, In-Sight, and the Decision Tree and how to apply these to your practice
- Live Q&A webinar with Toni Herbine-Blank: January 26th at 1 pm ET/12 pm CT/10 am PT
- How to find parts within yourself
- Loving your parts meditation: An exercise to get your client inside themselves
- Integration of change into the system to further your client's healing
- How to discover what protectors need to be witnessed and unburdened
- Discover what a Self-led system looks like
- Live Q&A webinar with Pamela Krause on February 8th at 12 pm ET/11 am CT/9 am PT
- Learn how parts show up in the body and what to do about them
- Find parts in the body through meditation to further enhance your client's healing
- Key takeaways and common challenges within the IFS model
- Live Q&A webinar with Richard Schwartz: March 9th at 4 pm ET/3 pm CT/1 pm PT
Intensive Online Course
- Managing and Connecting Inner and Outer Conflict: Integration of IFS and Conflict Resolution Theory and Practice; Leonard Riskin, JD
- Mediation, Multiple Minds, and the Negotiation Within; David Hoffman, JD
- Introducing IFS to an Urban School System; Gail Tomala, MA, MSMFT, PhD
Currently the minimum requirement towards an IFS Certification is an IFS Level 1 Training. IFS Level 1 Trainings are comprehensive programs that offer experiential exercises and supervised practice needed to safely help others navigate their own internal worlds especially those helping heal trauma.
The Online Circle was modeled after IFS Level 1 Trainings which have been designed towards and are taught by mental health practitioners for professional development. With the growth in awareness and popularity of the IFS Model we now have participants from many professions and clients of IFS providers going through the IFS Online Circle to develop their own personal understanding of the model. It is not a personal development program and should not be taken as a replacement to working with a professional.
We understand you have busy schedules and live in many different time zones, so all the calls will be recorded so you can listen to them anytime, as many times as you like. You will also be able to download the calls. The calls are uploaded into the membership site, usually within 48 hours.
You will have access to the training videos at any time, along with the ability to download the videos or audios and transcripts. You will have access to all the course videos and materials in your account forever. You can also download all materials to your computer to save.
See what previous IFS Online Circle customers had to say:
Intensive Online Course
We’re that confident you'll find this learning experience to be all that's promised and more than you expected.
Intensive Online Course