Growing a following online can do wonders for your career and practice.Even if you don't want to be “famous,” being online is hands down the most effective way today to:
- Attract your most ideal clients for a fun and fulfilling practice
- Establish yourself as an influential authority across the field
and around the world
- And diversify your practice and income by acquiring book deals, speaking engagements, interviews, consulting, and so much more
Yet many therapists think social media will just be too much work.
How do you make being online really work without spending lots of time “posting” without results or new followers? How do you share authentically and avoid ethical or legal problems?
As one of the most followed therapists on the internet, I want to show you how to grow your presence online and reach the masses with your expertise...
...All while staying true to yourself, your clients, and your professional ethics.
I invite you to join me FREE for a one-day workshop where we will explore the complexities of breaking into the industry, social media, and more.This online training is designed for therapists who want to:
- Share their clinical expertise online
Can't attend live?
Register anyway for 14-day free access to the training!*
*CE credit is available for an additional cost.
Register for more information.
- Gain a following as a recognized authority on social media
- Ethically separate your practice from your online presence and personal life
- Get speaking opportunities, consulting, and book deals
- Discover step-by-step how to go from 0-10k and then 10k-100k+ followers and beyond
- Make easy, short “viral” videos that teach important clinical insights
- Learn how to protect your practice and your clients while building your brand
Through hands-on learning, interactive discussions, and step-by-step worksheets, you'll leave feeling confident in your ability to ethically share your expertise, establish your authority, and build your brand online.
If you want to build a world where mental health services and therapists are valued, trusted, and accessible for all, join me for this exclusive training!
Matthias J. Barker, LMHC
Don't let this opportunity pass you by—REGISTER NOW!
Social Media for Therapists:
How to Practically & Ethically Become an Influential Clinician Online
The fact is becoming an influential therapist on social media doesn't need to take up all your time. In fact, today I'm on social media just about 20 minutes per day.
The great news is I've developed a way for therapists to have a thriving online and social media presence that's professional, ethical, AND can fit into your busy schedule.
In just a few years, I became one of the most influential and followed therapists online today, with over 3 million engaged followers on social media with a heavy speaking schedule, all while having a full-time practice.
I've encountered and worked through numerous unique professional and ethical dilemmas in building an online psychoeducation brand and will show you exactly how to overcome them.
This is the workshop I wish I had at the beginning.
With the right guidance, tools, and by avoiding the mistakes I made, it's something every therapist can do.If you've been uncomfortable getting your voice out there, this course will show you exactly how to reach your goals online, whether you just want to establish your niche and attract the right clients to your practice OR grow an international audience of hundreds of thousands or even millions of followers.
- A full day of live expert-led training
- On-demand access to the recording for 14 days*
- Interactive Q&A
- The complete set of course materials
- Upgrade to receive up to 4 live or self-study CE hours
This unique opportunity for free Social Media for Therapists may not come again...
And at no cost, you've got nothing to lose... And SO much to gain!
- The ethical and practical challenges of building a social media brand
- How to use social media to diversify your income including publishing, workshops, and speaking
- Examples of how psychotherapists are currently using social media
- How to customize your engagement to the people and potential clients you want to reach
- How to make psychoeducation accessible to the general public
How to Get Started, Establish Your Niche, and Get Noticed Online
- The top platforms and the pros/cons of each
- The 10 must-do steps for starting your social media brand
- The easy way to do sales and marketing of your products and services online
- How to grow from 0-10k followers online
- How to grow form 10k-100k followers online
- Making viral short-form content (without over-simplifying)
Laws and Ethical Standards you need to know
- The value-ethic-compass
- Ethics when building a social media brand
- Ethically promoting products and services
- Specific guidelines from relevant codes of ethics
- FTC laws and guidelines for advertising mental health services and related products
- Developing a personalized disclosure for social media and your website
- Drawing clear boundaries between your brand online and your professional relationship with clients
- Responding to followers online who are not your clients
- The implications of finding new clients who find you on social media
The Boundaries Between Your Private Practice & Your Online Public Presence
- Ethical concerns around doing workshops for the general public on mental health issues
- Psychoeducation without contributing to armchair therapy and self-diagnosis
- How to share your professional experiences with clients while guarding client confidentiality
- Knowing what to share online and what not to share online
- Protecting your license, reputation, and staying within your boundaries of competency
Matthias Barker is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) with a Master's Degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Northwest University. Based in Nashville, Tennessee, Matthias specializes in treating high-acuity sexual trauma, childhood trauma, and marital issues.
Matthias is a prolific educator and content creator, having self-published two mental health journals on a trauma-informed approach to motivation and gratitude. He has developed seven workshops on a variety of topics such as trauma, anxiety, and setting boundaries with parents as well as co-creating a comprehensive course on healing from trauma with Dr. Frank Anderson, a renowned trauma expert.
As a passionate advocate for mental health, Matthias is dedicated to making psychoeducation more accessible by bridging the gap between the academic realm and the everyday experiences of the general public. As a result, he has become a sought-after authority in both the mental health and social media fields. Through his social media platforms, Matthias reaches millions, sharing psychoeducational content and building a thriving community dedicated to mental health awareness and education. With over 3 million followers across TikTok, Instagram, and his podcast, which once ranked #38 on the Spotify global health and fitness charts, his impact continues to grow.Click here for information about Matthias Barker.
We’re that confident you'll find this learning experience to be all that's promised and more than you expected.