CEN Exam Prep Course
Pass the Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN®) Exam…the first time!
Are you ready to take the next step in your career?
PESI Healthcare's comprehensive CEN® Exam Prep Course will equip you with the latest information and trends in emergency nursing to fully prepare you for CEN® exam success!
This innovative online course covers all clinical and professional issues per the current CEN® exam blueprint. An in-depth review of systems and refresher on current practices will prepare you for success by not just reviewing key concepts, but also reinforcing them through realistic test questions! You'll also gain valuable test-taking strategies and tips that will aid in your quest to become CEN® certified.
Get started immediately! Presented by expert speaker and certification coach, Sean G. Smith, RN, BSN, NREMT-P, C-NPT, CCRN, CMC, CEN, CFRN, FP-C, CPEN, this dynamic course will increase not only your emergency nursing knowledge, but also your earning power and employment opportunities.
The Certification Exam Prep Course Includes:
- Immediate Online Access to Video Sessions providing a comprehensive review of conditions by body system (total of 12 hours, 55 minutes)
- CEN Course Manual (PDF format)
- CEN Flash Cards to help with memorization of important facts (PDF format)
- Additional Study Tools including audio seminars and articles to complement course videos and reinforce key areas of study
- Online Practice Test to assess your readiness to sit for the actual exam
- Online CE Test Access - complete the entire course and earn up to 12.5 CE contact hours
- Collaboration with other online students to help with problem solving and to keep you motivated
- Unlimited Access to all videos and materials online, plus you can download all resources to own forever
- CEN Helpful Hints
- Exam Content in Detail
- Managing Test Anxiety
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Deciphering Heart Sounds
- Murmur Pearls of Wisdom
- Acute Coronary Syndrome
- Quick EKG Interpretation Tips
- Cardiac Output – Perfusion is Always the Right Answer
- Managing a Code
- Hypertensive Crisis
- Cardiogenic Shock
- Associated Lab Values
- Abdominal Assessment
- GI Emergencies
- The Acute Abdomen
- GI Bleeds
- Lab Values
- OB Emergencies
- OB/GYN Pearls
- Ocular Foreign Bodies
- Critical Clues from the Neuro Assessment
- Cranial Nerves
- Spinal Cord
- Assessing Reflexes
- Dementia & Delirium
- Guillain-Barré Syndrome
- Chronic Neurologic Conditions
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Increased Intracranial Pressure
- The Psychiatric Patient
- Management of Aggressive Behavior
- Depression & Suicide
- Foreign Bodies
- Abnormal Lung Sounds
- ABG’s Made Easy – Really!
- Pulmonary Edema
- Principles of Toxicology
- Overdose & Antidotes
- Managing Withdrawal
- Chemical Exposure
- Parasite & Fungal Infections
- Vector Born Illnesses
- Ethical Dilemmas
- End of Life Issues
- Forensic Considerations
- Patient Safety & Satisfaction
- Disaster Management
Sean G. Smith, RN, BSN, NREMT-P, C-NPT, CCRN, CMC, CEN, CFRN, FP-C, CPEN
Sean G. Smith has experience in both emergency care and critical care. He has written neo-natal & pediatric pharmacology CE exams for the American Association of Critical Care Nurses, as well as writing for Mosby clinical updates. He has practiced and taught critical/emergency care and pre-hospital emergency medical services for over 15 years. Career highlights include research in molecular endocrinology, serving in the US Navy, a wide variety of ICUs, flight nursing, and medical missions, as well as offering medical support to NASA. Sean lectures at the national level and has extensive text review/exam writing/contributing author credits. He holds multiple advanced specialty certifications in critical care, emergency, and flight nursing, as well as cardiac medicine, and neonatal/pediatric critical care transport.
Sean is a dedicated and respected educator serving as an official Instructor for Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP), Basic Life Support (BLS-RF), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS-RF), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS-RF), Tactical Combat Casualty Course (TCCC), Geriatric Education for Emergency Medical Services (GEMS), Fundamentals of Critical Care Support (FCCS), and Pediatric Fundamentals of Critical Care Support (PFCCS-IC).
Financial: Sean G. Smith receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Sean G. Smith has no relevant nonfinancial relationships to disclose.