This course is what you need to get to the next level of practice and will be a resource you’ll keep in your toolbox throughout your career. Whether you're seeking advanced pathophysiology understanding or clinical pearls to identify the different variants in the cardiac, respiratory and neurological assessments, this course delivers top-of-the-line training and expert knowledge.
Are you missing vital clues during physical assessments?
What separates nursing from other specialties is our ability to assess for signs and symptoms of disease. But physical assessment exams can be disjointed, confusing, and overwhelming.
In this self-paced online course, top experts will guide you step-by-step through the physical assessment and underlying pathophysiology. You'll walk away with an orderly way to do physical assessments, so you don't lose the flow or forget steps. It's quick, it's neat, it's concise, and it's very complete.
- Listen to normal and abnormal heart and lung sounds and step through the origin and significance of each sound
- Learn methods to properly document your assessments and findings
- Discover tricks to simplify your nursing diagnostic skills
- Revitalize your clinical competence and master challenging disease facts
- Earn up to 14.5 CE Hours, including 3.0 ANCC-approved pharmacology credits
Expectations are high, and every detail matters. Take the fear out of assessments with this information-packed course — work at your own pace to boost your skills, gain confidence, and make good assessments.
The Best Pathophysiology & Assessment CE Training
All Providers in Any Setting or Department!
A $559.97 Value
Today Just $299.99 — Unbelievable Savings!
"Angelica Dizon is a wonderful wealth of knowledge!!!" — Brian H.
"Very well-organized presentation and relevant to current critical care issues." — Karin J.
"Very informative, I learned a lot! Diane S Wrigley is a smart practitioner!" — Barbara L.
"This was the best presentation I have ever watched.
Don't get me wrong, other presenters I've seen were good, but Mrs. Wrigley really blew me away." — Kathleen A.
"Excellent content and very informative!" — Sabrina M.
"Cyndi Zarbano was fantastic! She provided very logical and practical examples." — Sylvia M.
"I highly recommend this course!" — Tracy M.
As an experienced healthcare professional, you see disease and injury all the time. The underlying cause of the presenting symptoms or complications can shed critical insight in the delivery of patient care. And that is why the backbone of pathophysiology understanding is so essential.
Join Angelica Dizon, MD, MSN, MBA-HCM, BSN, RN, NP-C, an advance care practitioner with decades of clinical experience, for her easy-to-implement pearls that will help you grasp pathophysiology at a truly advanced level.
Plus, earn 3.0 ANCC-approved pharmacology credits!
- Evaluate clinical examples to explain the statement: "Virtually all human disease is 'autoimmune' in nature"
- Plan for the self-destructive spiral of progressive chronic heart failure
- Apply the "Three Question Approach" to interpretation of arterial blood gases
- Distinguish the "common mechanism" for shock, regardless of the initial cause
Identify Cardiac, Respiratory and Neurological Disorders
Learn to identify the different variants in the cardiac, respiratory and neurological assessments. National speaker and expert, Diane Wrigley, BS, PA-C, will teach you the origin and significance of both abnormal and normal heart and lung sounds.
Differential diagnoses are considered, and a systematic six-part neurological assessment is reviewed and demonstrated for you.
Case studies will be presented for discussion to help reinforce the physical assessment skills and listening techniques. Diane will also illustrate the proper methods to document your assessments and findings. You will feel confident leaving this seminar with information you can utilize for your future patient assessments.
- Strategies to detect and identify abnormal heart and lung sounds
- Case Studies and audio playback to enhance learning
- Crackles, wheezes, rubs, gallops, clicks and snaps
- Full disclosure and how this leads to proper differential diagnoses
- Characteristics and causes of heart murmurs
- Complete 6-part neuro exam made simple — exam will be demonstrated
- Discussion and work-up for mental status changes
Achieving excellence in the care we give is a goal for every healthcare provider. To do so, we must ensure that we have the tools to allow for critical thinking to occur. One of the most fundamental tools for success in the medical arena is to understand the clues we find in our assessments.
Cyndi Zarbano discusses pearls of wisdom for excellent assessment skills and to be able to explain the: who, what, why, and where's of extra heart and lung sound clues.
A $119.99 value… YOURS FREE when you sign-up now!
Key Physical Assessment Strategies and
the Underlying Pathophysiology
A $559.97 Value
Just $299.99 — Unbelievable Savings!
This training may be right for you if you are a nurse, nurse practitioners clinical nurse specialist, physician assistant, paramedic, physical therapist, or occupational therapist.After this course, you will be able to:
- Analyze an effective method to review options in pharmacologic therapy for any condition.
- Differentiate the mechanism underlying death in asthma and a way to prevent it.
- Plan for the self-destructive spiral of progressive chronic heart failure.
- Interpret pathophysiology and differential diagnoses for crackles, wheezes, rhonchi, and rubs.
- Explain and demonstrate a thorough 6-part neurological exam and document findings.
- Define whether systolic and diastolic murmurs are benign or indicate cardiac disease.
- Evaluate voice sounds to confirm pulmonary pathology.
With over 12 hours of online video training, insightful commentary, case studies and examples, you will take away powerful new clinical strategies to immediately apply in your own practice! We encourage you to take the time to fully absorb everything. Watch the videos. Read the materials. Get your CE hours! But, if you review all of the course materials and are still not satisfied, give us a call at 800-844-8260. Your satisfaction is guaranteed.
Yes! Once you register for this course — the materials, including bonus content, are yours to keep and access forever.
You’ll get lifetime access to private, members-only forums which provide valuable opportunities to share insight and experiences and to build your professional network.
Physical Assessment Strategies and the Underlying Pathophysiology
A $559.97 Value
Just $299.99 — Unbelievable Savings!
We’re that confident you'll find this learning experience to be all that's promised and more than you expected.