A minor change in vital signs… a skipped heartbeat… the feeling that something doesn’t look or sound right — it’s critical to know ALL of the clues signaling that a patient is decompensating.
It can be challenging to pick up on subtle clues from patients. And if you can’t quickly identify the true concerns and initiate the appropriate interventions, your patients — and your job — is at risk.
No matter how many years you have been in nursing, NOW is the time to master assessment techniques!
This NEW step-by-step advanced skill training combines our decades of nursing experience and was designed with you in mind - a hard-working nurse, committed to giving the best to patients.
With exciting patient case studies, reinforced with helpful clinical mnemonics, we give you real-world solutions and teach you how to respond to patients with skill and confidence as you integrate sound critical thinking and clinical decision-making in your day-to-day work
Experience dramatic changes in your own practice — as soon as your next shift!
In this completely self-paced video course, watch your anxiety fall and your confidence grow, as we walk you through must-know clinical test interpretation strategies:
- Blood work
- Psychosocial & Physical
- Cardiac (12 lead & ECHO cardiogram interpretation)
- Respiratory (ABG interpretation & pulmonary function)
- Neurologic (CT & MRI)
- GI (barium swallow & UGI)
- Urologic (ultrasound of kidney, CT & glomerular filtration)
- Radiographic (chest radiograph, angiography), and so much more!
PLUS, exclusive to this all-inclusive, video-based course, our expertise will illuminate techniques so you can identify coronary and pulmonary problems that could have previously been missed.
But don’t just take it from us. Hear what your colleagues have to say about this practice-changing course:
— Celia, RN, APN
— Mary Ann, RN, PhD
— Celina, RN
— Angela, RN, MSN
— Cynthia P., RN
with Paul Langlois, APN, PhD, CCRN, CCNS, CNRN
- Critical Thinking & Decision Making
- Patient History, Physical Exam & Diagnostic Tests
- Genomic Assessment
- Skin Assessment
- Head, Face, and Neck
- Ear, Nose & Throat
- Cardiovascular System…Beyond the Heart
- Peripheral Vascular System
- Respiratory System…Much More than Breath Sounds
- Gastro-intestinal System…Beyond the Large and Small Intestine
- Genitourinary System
- Musculoskeletal System
- Neurologic System
- Assessment of the Elderly Patient
- Rapid Assessment of the Decompensating Patient
with Cheryl Herrmann, RN, MS, APN, CCRN, CCNS-CSC/CMC
- The 12-Lead EKG
- Ace the Axis
- Beat the Bundles
- Correlate the Coronary Anatomy
- Differential Diagnosis in Acute Coronary Syndrome
- Putting it all Together
- Advanced Interpretation
- The Chest X-Ray
- Systematic Approach
- Beyond the Basics
with Cyndi Zarbano, MSN, BSN, CCRN, CEN, PCCN, CMSRN, CLNC
Cardiac & Pulmonary Assessment: Heart and Lung Sounds
- Cardiac Assessment Skills
- Extra Heart Sounds
- Heart Murmurs
- Pulmonary Assessment
- Adventitious Breath Sounds
- Using Vocal Fremitus to Confirm Pathology
You’ve got patients to serve. And you won’t find this type of education in another online course out there!
Let our in-the-trenches experts transform your critical thinking skills as you become the go-to expert on the unit. Take a deep dive into assessment with us! You’ll get all of this…and more!
- Examination of the pulmonary, cardiac, neurologic, & musculo-skeletal systems (with video instruction!)
- Develop a systematic approach to chest x-ray interpretation
- The latest clinical practice guidelines for common pathologies and comorbidities
- Explain how anatomy and physiology of each body system can change with disease progression
- Identify the earliest signs of clinical deterioration
- The best interventions to stabilize the deteriorating and successfully resuscitated patient
- How to recognize patient deterioration more quickly than ever before
- How to do proper, thorough and methodological documentation so that you can prevent a lawsuit from happening
Dr. Paul Langlois, APN, Ph.D., CCRN, CCNS, CNRN, is a critical care clinical specialist in the Surgical, Medical, Neurologic, Burn, CCU and Trauma ICUs of Cook County Hospital, Chicago. Drawing on over 30 years of experience assessing and managing patients with life-threatening diseases, Dr. Langlois provides advanced-level training to nurses, physician assistants, nurse practitioners and physicians. As a bedside clinical nurse specialist, he has developed several institution-wide protocols for the multidisciplinary assessment and management of the cardiac, neurologic, septic, and multi-system organ failure patient.
Cheryl Herrmann, RN, MS, APN, CCRN, CCNS-CSC/CMC, has 31 years of nursing experience—15 years as a bedside nurse in SICU, Neuro ICU, and CVICU, and 16 years as a cardiac clinical nurse specialist. As a cardiac CNS, she cares for patients in cardiac prep and recovery, cardiac catheterization, surgery, ICU, telemetry/progressive units, and at discharge. In addition, Ms. Herrmann is a Prehospital RN for the local ambulance service. In 2005, Ms. Herrmann was honored with the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses Circle of Excellence—Excellent Clinical Nurse Specialist Award and the Twenty-Five Women in Leadership Award in central Illinois. She is the recipient of the 2009 University of Illinois Alumni Award.
Cyndi Zarbano, MSN, BSN, CCRN, CEN, PCCN, CMSRN, CLNC, has been a nurse for more than 25 years and a legal nurse consultant (LNC) for 12. Many of her cases in the last decade have been consulting and educating nurses who have gotten into trouble with the board of nursing and helping hem complete their corrective action stipulations. Cyndi’s clinical area of expertise has been in various intensive care/critical care roles, currently working for Mayo in Minnesota.
With new critical thinking skills, you’ll feel more confident and more adept at creating the
best outcomes for even your most challenging patients.