When a person is living with dementia, everyone they love is impacted by the diagnosis, too.
Oftentimes, family members are tasked with the day-to-day care, and they’re constantly worried about their loved one getting worse.
Whether it’s Alzheimer’s disease or other dementias, dealing with cognitively declining patients is challenging for even the most skilled nurses—much less a patient’s child, sibling, or spouse with no medical training.
With our expert insights and decades of experience, you will better understand the challenges your aging patients face…
… and learn ways to support their caregivers and families every step of the way.
This Dementia Care Specialist training gives you proven methods and strategies to achieve the best outcomes for your geriatric patients.
Best of all, you’ll become an Evergreen Certified Dementia Care Specialist (ECDCS)...
… and the experienced nurse your patients, and their families, deserve on their side!
In just three easy steps, you will become an Evergreen Certified Dementia Care Specialist (ECDCS) starting today:
Step 1: Watch the online course.
Step 2: Complete the CE test and instantly print your certificate of completion.
Step 3: Submit your certificate of completion and professional license to Evergreen Certifications and we'll cover the cost of your certification. Click here for full Certification requirements.
*Professional standards apply. Learn more at www.evergreencertifications.com/ecdcs
We partner with Evergreen Certifications to include certification with some of our products. When you purchase such a product, we may disclose your information to Evergreen Certifications for purposes of providing services directly to you or to contact you regarding relevant offers.
" Great presentation! I've been to many PESI workshops and this was one of the best. I am a psychologist working in long-term care facilities and would LOVE to see this information in a training for facility staff. They are quick to ask for medications to solve problems they are actually creating with an approach that doesn't work. Education about these issues is a gigantic need! " — Sharon D.
" I gained a new perspective in understanding dementia and behaviors. I appreciate his expertise and will apply this new perspective to my staff training and caregiver education piece. " — Katherine P.
" Very interesting material. I could listen to Dr. Shaw all day. " — Valerie K.
" Liked how the presenter used real life experiences to help drive objectives and understand topics. " — Lindsay P.
" It was clear to me that the presenter truly cares about optimizing care and support for those with dementia, as well as their caregivers. " — Deborah M.
Return to work with renewed energy, joy, and purpose!
Caring for people experiencing cognitive decline means mastering the skills to talk to your aging patients and to know what they need — across all stages of dementia. Our self-paced, all-inclusive course will show you how it’s done.
Sign-up today and...
- Get successful strategies for handling aggression, agitation, wandering, sundowning, and inappropriate sexual behaviors.
- Fully understand the stages of dementia and associated challenges and prevent unnecessary suffering for patients and families.
- Discover tips to manage complicated and challenging ethical issues, like 24-hour care, palliative care, and end-of-life care.
- Learn effective ways to offer hope to families and support caregivers across the continuum of care.
- Distinguish yourself — and your practice — by becoming the community expert on dementia.
- Improve your therapeutic outcomes and apply this skilled approach step-by-step — guaranteed!
— with Edward G. Shaw, MD, MA
- The Stages of Dementia
- Meet Your Brain
- Cognitive Function and Assessments for Dementia
- Attachment Theory Reimagined in the Setting of Older Adults
- Dementia as the Ultimate Attachment Loss
- Care Partners and Individuals with Dementia
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
- The HPA Axis – Stress’s Brain-Body Connection
- How to Practice Mindfulness
- Love Reimagined in the Context of Dementia: The 5 Love Languages
- The Importance of Communication & Self-Care
- Case Studies & Resources
— with Steven Atkinson, PA-C, MS
- Alzheimer’s Disease and Other Dementias
- Brain Lobes & Cognitive Function
- ABCs of Behavior
- Validation Techniques for Communication
- Strategies for Challenging Behaviors of Dementia
- 10 Steps to Combat Caregiver Burden
- Support Groups
- Resources & Case Studies
Get the latest guidelines for a variety of acute and chronic diseases common to the elderly. Prescribe safely and with the security of knowing you are providing the best outcomes for your patients.
This COMPLIMENTARY, BONUS training will teach you about:
- Aging and pharmacodynamics
- Strategies to avoid adverse drug events
- Guidelines to prescribing for the elderly
- …And so much more!
Solve Behavior Challenges & Support the Family
Just $179.99 Today — Unbelievable Savings!
Evergreen Certified Dementia Care Specialist (ECDCS)?
Get Certified and Go Further...
Become an Evergreen Certified Dementia Care Specialist (ECDCS) and show your employer, patients, patients’ families, and fellow professionals your commitment to honing your skills and staying up to date on dementia care best-practices.
Professional Reputation and Credibility
Certification is a personal accomplishment and unbiased barometer of your skills. Take pride in developing your skills in this specialty. Distinguish yourself from your peers — increasing your opportunities for career advancement and earning potential!
Display your certification and assure patients and their families that they can be confident you are providing them with today’s evidence-based best tools and strategies that will improve clinical outcomes. Click here for more information about the certification process.
Edward G. Shaw, MD, MA, is dually trained as a physician and mental health counselor. He founded the Memory Counseling Program in 2011, serving individuals, couples, and families affected by Alzheimer’s disease or another type of dementia.Click here for information about Edward G. Shaw
Steven Atkinson, PA-C, MS, is a Board-Certified Physician Assistant specializing in Geriatric Internal Medicine. He is the co-founder of Twin Cities Physicians, which serves older adults in nearly all levels of their care.Click here for information about Steven Atkinson
Register for this intensive training course without risk. If you're not completely satisfied, give us a call at 800-844-8260. We’re that confident you'll find this learning experience to be all that's promised and more than you expected.