Your patients are sick and tired of hearing “move more and eat less” or that “it’s all just calories in vs. calories out.” It’s no secret that many people have significant issues with nutrition. Fasting. Fad diets. Magic pills. They’ve tried it all, and nothing worked.
Worst of all? Numerous chronic diseases can be reversed with proper nutrition. Your patients need education and empowerment to take an active role in the restoration of their health.
They’re coming to you with questions because they need someone they can trust to provide sound guidance for nutrition.
This is why we’ve brought together two leading experts to provide a nutritional framework that you can easily implement into your practice: a clear path forward for lasting behavior change with your patients.
You'll discover simple and affordable, evidence-based holistic approaches that can help your patients achieve optimal health while preventing and addressing common health problems. Become the go-to resource for nutrition and help your patients to heal faster and feel better.
Food is medicine! Don’t wait – register now!
these concepts in your clinical practice!
- Macros and micros
- What’s the skinny on fats?
- To carb or not to carb?
- Causes of oxidative stress & inflammation
- Organics - when & why
Metabolism and Weight
- Physical activity recommendations
- BMI is outdated…or is it?
- Implications for appetite: ghrelin and leptin
- Bariatric surgery
- Cancer patients
Diet Wars – There is no “one size fits all” in nutrition!
- Mediterranean – the gold standard
- Intermittent fasting & time restricted eating
- Low carb
- High Protein
- Vegan + different types of vegetarian diets
- Elimination diets
- And more!
When Hormones Come into the Picture
- Estrogen and progesterone
- Perimenopause, menopause & andropause
- When to refer for testing
- Digestion and absorption
- Intestinal barrier – its function and what happens when it becomes leaky
- Microbiome – the power of bacteria
- How the gut impacts hormones, skin, immunity, and mood
- 5R protocol – how to heal the gut
Strategies for Working with Special Populations
- Diabetes & insulin resistance
- Anxiety & Depression
- Insomnia & Fatigue
Optimize Sleep, Stress Management and Circadian Rhythms
- Patient Assessment
- Sleep hygiene, habits & quality
- Stress levels and intentional practice
- Current alignment to circadian rhythms
- Lifestyle programs & mindfulness training
- Customized & systemized approach for circadian alignment
Cindi Lockhart, RDN, LD, IFNCP, is board-certified as an integrative and functional nutrition practitioner with over 27 years in professional practice. She has trained nutrition, fitness, and medical practitioners throughout most of her career, yet maintains a personal practice with clients/patients as she believes that the only way she can effectively educate and inspire other practitioners is through her own practical experience with clients. In addition to educating on how Food is Medicine, Cindi also specializes in coaching clients and practitioners on the importance of managing stress, optimizing sleep, proper exercise and movement, and reducing exposure to environmental toxins. Cindi has extensive expertise in women’s health issues including hormonal imbalances, infertility, thyroid dysfunction, autoimmunity and gut health.Click here for information about Cindi Lockhart
Vanessa Ruiz, ND, RN-BSN, is a naturopathic physician and registered nurse. After experiencing health issues stemming from a burnout as a nurse, she began studying integrative ways to help herself heal. Her interest in integrative health led her to becoming a naturopathic physician with a focus on mental health, trauma and complex PTSD. She earned her Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine at Southwest College in Tempe, Arizona.
She has been featured in the "A Created Life: A Journey to Empowerment" documentary and "Shoutout Arizona" for her ground-breaking work in mental health. She is a public speaker on the topic of functional medicine and mental health, teaching behavioral health professionals nationally and internationally. In addition to her clinical practice, she is the founder of Nurses for Natural health, an organization dedicated to empowering and educating Nurses about natural health and burnout recovery.Click here for information about Vanessa Ruiz
- “Do you recommend [intermittent fasting, keto, paleo, high protein] diets?”
- “But what about the [artificial sweeteners, gluten, carbs, fat]?!”
- “My friend lost 20 pounds on these shakes…what do you think about them?”
The world tends to make nutrition seem overly complicated, but it doesn’t have to be! You'll end this comprehensive training course fully prepared with the latest scientific insight about how nutrition can be used to improve your clinical outcomes.
We’re that confident you'll find this learning experience to be all that's promised and more than you expected.