of therapeutics propelling mental health treatment into the future
For many clients with PTSD, working through the trauma is too excruciating. That’s why so many drop out of therapy.
But we now have new hope!
Leading research shows adding psychedelic medicines to psychotherapy can quickly improve outcomes when treating trauma, anxiety, depression, and other mental distress.
A study on PTSD published in Nature Medicine in May 2021 revealed 67% of participants treated with three MDMA-assisted sessions no longer met the diagnostic criteria for PTSD 18 weeks after baseline.
Researchers found using MDMA with psychotherapy helps trauma survivors engage with traumatic memories while also reducing the defensiveness and fear normally associated with them...
Allowing the client to deal with whatever problems they’re experiencing... Without being overwhelmed, dissociating, or numbing.
The best part? You can integrate psychedelic medicines with modalities you’re already using.
Now you can be part of this exciting new world of therapy with this all-new online training!
Register today to get skills and strategies that help clients find deep and lasting transformation.
Ongoing clinical trials in the United States, United Kingdom, and Europe will likely result in more psychedelic medicines available for legal use in the U.S.
In fact, we already have access to some of these tools!
In 2020, the FDA granted Breakthrough Therapy Designation (BTD) to a ketamine-based medicine as a treatment for adults with major depressive disorder with acute suicidal ideation or behavior.
It’s the first FDA-approved medicine available shown to reduce depressive symptoms within 24 hours... As opposed to typical antidepressants, which only work for 40%-60% of patients and take weeks or months to work.
As research continues to reveal the healing power of psychedelics, there will be a surge in demand for trained therapists who are ready to conduct psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy.This online training is an excellent starting point to prepare yourself for this journey. You’ll discover:
- Interventions grounded in neuroscience and next-stage medicinal psychedelics
- The truth about psychedelics throughout history and across cultures
- How these medicines are used in carefully designed clinical trials
- How they work in the body and brain
- How your clients use them in the real world
- And so much more!
Register today to get the lowest price on this groundbreaking course that will move you toward the future of behavioral health treatment!
This course provides CE credit for:
- Addiction Counselors
- Case Managers
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Social Workers
- Other Mental Health Professionals
Types of Psychedelic Substances
Know the properties and differences between:
- Classic psychedelics
- Complex psychedelics
- Atypical psychedelics
History & Context of Psychedelic Use
In this section, you’ll discover:
- Indigenous uses of psychedelics
- How these medicines work in the brain
- Safety considerations
- Difference between “street drugs” and medicinal psychedelics
- What the research reveals about using medicinal psychedelics for mental health treatment...
Legal Avenues for Experiencing Psychedelics: Paths Clients May Take
Discover the wide world of:
- South American ayahuasca tourism
- Mushroom tourism in the Netherlands, Jamaica and Central America
- Ketamine & cannabis clinics
- And much more
Ethical Considerations for Your Clients & in the Therapy Room
Learn how to navigate ethical challenges, including:
- Sexual abuse in psychedelics communities
- Isolation when your client has no community
- Assessment strategies to determine high risk
- Spiritual bypassing: Using psychedelics to avoid working on yourself
- And more...
Psychotherapy Preparation & Integration
In this section, you’ll cover:
- Non-directive counseling
- Grounding techniques
- The holotropic mind model
- And practice counseling techniques
- A history of MDMA and psilocybin, & an overview of psilocybin clinical trials
- Results of six completed MDMA Phase 2 clinical trials
- Design of ongoing Phase 3 trials of MDMA-assisted psychotherapy
- Status of FDA drug development – MDMA and psilocybin, including Breakthrough Therapy designation
- Therapist training program for MDMA-assisted psychotherapy
- And a whole lot more!
MDMA vs. Ecstasy
- How MDMA works in the brain & body
- Assessment strategies for ecstasy use
- Risks associated with ecstasy use
The Science Behind MDMA-Assisted Therapy
- Clinical trials: Completed & ongoing research into PTSD, social anxiety in autistic adults, end-of-life anxiety, and more
- Contraindications for use
- Limitations of the research & potential risks
Evidence-Based Clinical Skills for Better Treatment
- Non-directive psychotherapy
- Somatic approaches
- Therapeutic silence: Letting the client lead
- Case studies: Research participants tell their own stories
Legal & Ethical Considerations
- Changing legal frameworks: Phase 3 clinical trials, rescheduling MDMA and FDA Expanded Access program opportunities
- Ethical concerns, including access and equity, informed consent and sexual trauma
This seminar looks at the distinctive experiences of both clients and therapists that psychedelics can facilitate. You’ll discover how to:
- Assess the differences between various psychedelic substances and their potential uses in a therapeutic setting.
- Explore the process of introducing and preparing for a psychedelic-based session with clients.
- Integrate what the client experienced and learned in a psychedelic journey after the session.
- And MUCH more!
In this training, Dr. Phelps covers:
- A review of the clinical research outcomes on psychedelic-assisted therapy for depression, anxiety, PTSD, end-of-life distress, and substance abuse
- The neuropharmacology of psychedelics
- Multidisciplinary Association of Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) and the California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) professional trainings
- The place for such training for licensed psychotherapists and medical professionals
- The future of the research
- Where psychedelics fit within the newest innovations in the mental health field
- And much more!
Breakthrough Treatments for Complex Mental Health Disorders
Just $199.99 Today — Stunning Savings!
We’re that confident you'll find this learning experience to be all that's promised and more than you expected.
Breakthrough Treatments for Complex Mental Health Disorders
Instant access to the full online course, consisting of three self-study sessions:
- “Psychedelics, Hallucinogens and Entheogens” provides a foundation for understanding the history, research, ethics and applications of psychedelics
- “Psychedelics in Therapy: New Ways to Catalyze Healing” reveals the designs and results of clinical trials, FDA drug development and therapist training programs
- “MDMA-Assisted Psychotherapy & Ecstasy: Cutting-Edge Research, Assessment & Intervention for Trauma, Anxiety & More” covers evidence-based interventions as well as legal and ethical concerns
TWO FREE bonus sessions, valued at $119.98:
- Psychedelics in Modern Healing, Digital Seminar with Gabor Maté, MD
- Psychedelic-Assisted Therapy: The Psychotherapy Whose Time Has Come, Digital Seminar with Janis Phelps, PhD
- Up to 15.5 CE hours — Click here for CE credit details
- Downloadable materials for lifetime, on-demand learning
- Access to the private professional online forum
- Our FULL satisfaction guarantee...
For Only $199.99 Today — Amazing Savings!