This training may be right for you if you are a nurse, nurse practitioners clinical nurse specialist, physician assistant, physical therapist, occupational therapist, or a dietitian.
After this course, you will be able to:
- Evaluate the results of coagulation studies (PT/INT and PTT).
- Plan patient interventions based upon complete blood count findings.
- Determine the clinical implications based upon the metabolic panels.
- Distinguish between life-threatening electrolyte imbalances to detect causes and remedies.
- Prepare for renal function implications based upon BUN, Creatinine, BUN/CR ratio, and GFR.
- Analyze blood gas findings to alterations in respiratory physiology.
- Differentiate between bacterial meningitis and viral meningitis based on lumbar puncture findings.
- Apply evidence to avoid Ventilator Induced Lung Injury from mechanical ventilation to correct altered homeostasis.
- Plan for proactive management of the complex mechanical ventilation patient with multiple comorbidities.