- Assessment – utilize appropriate assessments within scope of practice
- Pharmacology – basic knowledge of drug interactions (including over-thecounter medications), high risk medications per BEERS criteria, and high risk drug-disease interactions
- Pain Management – impact of pain on aging and approved pharmacological and nonpharmacological interventions for pain management
- Fall Prevention – utilize the CDC’s STEADI Algorithm to assess and screen for fall risk
- Cognitive Decline – understand physiology of aging, recognize symptoms of dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease, distinguish between depression vs. dementia symptoms
- Psycho-Social Wellbeing – awareness of depression, assess relationship/family dynamics, financial concerns, role of caregivers
- Behaviors – managing eating and nutrition issues, sleep and insomnia issues, aggression, wandering
- Patient Empowerment – within scope of practice, assess and educate patients on: community resources, home health hazards, vestibular awareness, living independently, safety concerns, nutrition, sleep issues
- Documentation – understand federal regulations and requirements as related to professional scope of practice
- Legal Issues – advanced care planning (including considerations for Power of Attorney and DNR orders), awareness of types and symptoms of elder abuse/neglect, knowledge of reporting regulations by your profession
- Transition of Care – how to communicate with and support family, understand care differences between an assisted living facility and long-term care facility to help families select the most appropriate choice, and assist in decision-making within scope of practice
- End of Life Care – understand palliative and hospice care
- Ethnogeriatrics – awareness of unique healthcare needs for diverse ethnic backgrounds
Step 1: Watch this online course.
Step 2: Complete the CE test(s) and instantly print your certificate(s) of completion.
Step 3: Submit the Certification Questionnaire included in this training, and your application is complete.*
*Professional standards apply. Click here to learn more about CGCP certification.