Your work is fast-paced and requires quick thinking. During your shift, you feel the overwhelming responsibilities. When the pace gets chaotic, mistakes can happen. When mistakes lead to inadvertent patient harm, it can become an absolute nightmare for the nurse or nurse practitioner. It's essential that you know how you can protect yourself — and your license.
The Legal Nurse Certificate Course is an amazing online course — guaranteed to advance your knowledge — and decrease your risk! We have 12 legal authorities lined up to deliver the details you need NOW — to practice defensively. This powerful team of highly respected experts includes Nurse Attorneys, Legal Nurse Consultants & Medicolegal Physicians!
Feel more confident after you unlock the secrets to stay out of the courtroom! Earn up to 28.75 CE Hours and dig deep into Nursing Malpractice, Actual Patient Chart Reviews, Demonstrative Evidence, Documentation Protection, Short Staffing Implications, Testifying Under Oath, Legal Risks & Mental Health Crises & more! But that's not all… you'll earn your Certificate in Legal Nursing and discover how you can Become a Legal Nurse Consultant!
You know what it's like to go home after your shift and wonder what you forgot to do, follow up on, report off, or document. When your patient assignment is heavy, and the nursing team is stretched thin… errors can happen. Errors can have legal consequences, especially in the litigious society we live in.You'll get the latest legal trends and the best risk reduction precautions to immediately incorporate into practice:
- How Increased Workloads Expose Your Legal Risk
- A Dangerous Combination: Burnout & Disconnection at Work
- What Would a Reasonable Nurse Do (Due Care)
- Legal Pitfalls in a Mental Health Crisis
- Prevent a Documentation Disaster
- Explore a Lucrative Legal Nurse Consultant Side Hustle
- Learn Testifying Strategies — for Trials and Depositions
- Board of Nursing Licensing Protection
- And more!
- Prevent a stressful and traumatic legal event
- Earn your Legal Nurse Certificate
- Advice from 12 legal authorities — Nurse Attorneys, Legal Nurse Consultants & Medicolegal Physicians!
- Earn up to 28.75 CE Hours
- Includes 8 FREE bonus videos to watch at your convenience
- Learn the very latest coming out of the courtroom — and the practice implications for YOU
Tips, Tools and Resources for the Healthcare Worker
- Practical steps that healthcare professionals can take to protect themselves from harm in the workplace
- Guidance on leaving a toxic work environment
- The importance of protecting your mental health following burnout and traumatic experiences
- A malpractice case review to learn from real-life errors
- Increased knowledge of adjudicated medical practice cases
- Ways to decrease the risk of legal actions
- Drugs more commonly associated with adverse events and medication errors
- Clinical examples of prescriptive deviations from the standard of practice
- Guidance from agencies concerned with the prevention of and response to medication errors
- The duty to warn/protect in violent situations (assault and battery)
- Can we prevent suicide or is our role to safeguard the at-risk patient?
- Professional responsibilities regarding abuse scenarios
- How nurses are needed to investigate, educate, and decode information that brings clarity to sensitive healthcare-related situations
- A day in the life of an LNC
- Ways to eliminate rookie mistakes and navigate the expected roadblocks
- Analyze legal and regulatory issues emerging from the use of technology in practice
- Determine digital skills needed to avoid pitfalls in nursing practice
- Explain how standards of care apply to the use of digital technology
receive 8 FREE video bonus sessions! A $1,039 value!
- Recognize pathophysiology that imply causation
- Analyze how 3D/4D exhibit technology can defend against false allegations
- Evaluate how demonstrative evidence helps understand actual injuries
Use Extreme Caution When Skimming the Facts
- How attorneys view nursing documentation
- Why skimming the facts can cause irreversible damage to your license
- 10 facts about being a nurse litigant
- Protect your nursing practice from legal risk during times of increased workloads
- Identify nursing practices to decrease legal exposure when short-staffed
- Avoid concerning deviations from nursing standards
- Analysis of case studies to develop an understanding of patient victimology
- Opportunities to detect and intervene in cases of Healthcare Serial Killers
- Methods utilized by healthcare serial killers - and their motivations
- Mitigate legal risk when providing care to patients with acute and chronic wounds
- Recognize common breaches in wound standard of care and the practices to help avoid them
- Identify the most common wound types in malpractice claims
- Patient assessment and monitoring techniques — performed with increased precision
- Documentation strategies for high-risk patient situations
- Current trends in med-surg nursing malpractice
- Prescriptive authority
- Medication errors
- Adverse events
- Deviations from standards of practice
- Real-life journey through a deposition and jury trial process
- Do's and don'ts of a deposition
- Legal nurse consultant's role during trials
give us a call at 800-844-8260.
We’re that confident you'll find this learning experience to be all that's promised and more than you expected.