But Dyslexia is not just letter reversal!
It is time to shift our mindset from approaching Dyslexia as only a reading impairment and start to consider the overall medical concerns! And when looking for the optimal treatment option for a person suffering with this learning disorder, not one discipline can successfully work with Dyslexia as it is made up of many characteristics and underlying circumstances.
That is why we brought together 2 hand-picked experts, Mary Asper MS, CCC-SLP and Penny Stack, OTD, OTR/L, CLT, to go beyond reading interventions to offer this collaborative training experience. Join Mary and Penny in our NEW Dyslexia Online Course as they share a combined 60+ years of experience to dive into the various layers that make up Dyslexia.
Current neurological research and information will be applied to the diagnostic attributes to help you plan the most effective interventions to support sound/symbol awareness, reading comprehension, social interaction and executive function. This dynamic, information-packed course will teach you strategies and methods for helping students diagnosed with dyslexia improve academic performance and social interactions:
- Strategies to improve academic skills, organization and social interaction
- Techniques to teach phonemic/ phonological awareness, decoding, fluency, comprehension and written expression
- Simple ways to use technology to enhance traditional learning methods
- Games, stories and activities to engage & strengthen performance across modalities
With this Online Dyslexia Course, you will walk away with treatment ideas that will incorporate the use of client-centered everyday routines, games, technology, sensory and hands-on approaches to help your clients overcome the challenges of life with dyslexia.
- Discover 5 secret signs of dyslexia no one ever told you
- Increase ability to recall multi-step instructions, letter sequence, lists or tasks to complete
- Improve grades, written and verbal expression to align with IQ
- Turn everyday games and routines into successful treatment
Today Only $159.99 — An Unbelievable Savings!
- Recognize and Assess Skill Deficits
- Techniques to Strengthen Executive Function
- Strategies to Teach the Sound System of Language
- Achieving Initiation and Structure: Written Expression
- Framework for Literacy and Learning
- Reduce Anxiety and Increase Performance
- Make Technology Work for You and Your Student
- Plan and Implement
- Dyslexia — The Origin & Myths
- Assessment for Cognitive Function
- Treatment Strategies for Redeveloping Neuropathways
- Documentation and Billing
- Mock Sessions & Case Studies
Mary B. Asper, MS, CCC-SLP, has over 40 years experience working with children, adults, families and educators from all walks of life in many different capacities. For the last 10 years, Mary’s focus has been on developing and implementing effective techniques and strategies to help students with language learning disabilities succeed in school. She is involved in all areas of treatment for dyslexia, including diagnosis, program development and implementation, therapeutic intervention and professional development for SLPs and educators. Mary has developed strategies to address linguistic, cognitive and social concerns based on best-practice recommendations and current neuro-scientific findings, through her work with students from the early grades through high school. Mary is the president and speech-language pathologist for her company, Codding Hollow Associates, Inc. and coordinates a team of related professionals who serve students with severe language learning disabilities and communication disorders. She holds certification from the American Speech-Language Association, is a former board member for the Vermont Speech-Language Association and an instructor in Special Topics: Language Disorders for Lyndon State College in Vermont. Learn more about Mary B. Asper, MS, CCC-SLP
Penny Stack, OTD, OTR/L, CLT, is the founding owner of Dyslexia Center of Tulsa, Tulsa, Oklahoma. Penny has over 26 years of experience as an occupational therapist that include working with children who have special learning needs. Penny is also a mother of a child with dyslexia who has shown great success in overcoming reading difficulties. Penny is certified in Handwriting Without Tears, received her Master’s in Occupational Therapy at Samuel Merritt College, Oakland California and her Doctorate degree in Occupational Therapy at Loma Linda University. Her research on closed head injuries and cognitive retraining has been published in Brain Injury Journal. Penny has dedicated her current research to Dyslexia and Its Impact on Occupation: The lived experience. Learn more about Penny Stack, OTD, OTR/L, CLT
If you're not completely satisfied, please give us a call at 800-844-8260. We’re that confident that you'll find this learning experience to be all that's promised and more than you expected.
Today Only $159.99 — An Incredible Value!