Challenges & Treatments
Every day, you watch your clients struggle to overcome challenges brought on by their aging brain and body. You strive to provide the best care possible, but it is difficult to fully understand the frustration of the sensorimotor changes caused by aging. Instead of empathizing with your patients, transform your practice by experiencing a day in their life!
Discover effective tools, interventions and treatments necessary to ensure the best overall outcomes for your clients, their families, and the care you provide with this revolutionary online course. Learn to address the physical and cognitive implications of the aging process, their effects on individual clients, and the pathological changes and functional deficits specific to vision, hearing, mobility, dementia, depression and other cognitive impairments.
- Strategies to manage difficult behaviors in your clients with an altered perception of reality
- Cognitive assessment tools to recognize and treat clients with depression, restlessness, delusions and combativeness
- Nutritional interventions to increase your client's desire and ability to eat due to physical and psychological changes
- Evaluation and development plans for treating Dementia, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's and more
- Cognitive and physical techniques or modifications to maximize daily functioning
- And so much more!
With this comprehensive online course, you'll gain the knowledge, skills and confidence you need to advance your clients' quality of life!
Valued Over $415
Today Only $208.48 — An Unbelievable Value!
Click here for CE credit details
- Develop strategies to manage difficult behaviors in seniors who have an altered perception of reality.
- Analyze why wandering occurs in individuals with cognitive impairment and develop strategies to minimize or redirect this behavior.
- Communicate the environmental and behavioral causes of agitation.
- Analyze the physical and psychological changes that affect an elder’s desire and ability to eat including the changes in nutritional requirements.
- Assess polypharmacy and medication management in the older adult.
- Appraise the reasons for nonadherence and strategies to increase adherence.
- Analyze the impact of dementia on brain structure and function, and determine the difference between "normal forgetfulness" and cognitive impairment.
- Diagnose dementias, including Alzheimer's disease, by accurately identifying manifestations of each type and understand how these differences impact prognosis in older adults.
- Articulate differences between the Folstein Mini-Mental Status examination, SLUMS, and MOCA and effectively utilize them as screening measure tools for cognitive impairment and dementia.
- Develop adaptable behavioral interventions that can provide patients with individualized care and promote more effective participation in therapy.
- Investigate the concept of caregiver guilt and its implications for the client, clinicians, and those caring for older adults with dementia.
- Correlate patients' strengths and limitations to potential therapeutic approaches when developing treatment plans for older adults with dementia.
Valued Over $415
Today Only $208.48 — An Unbelievable Value!
You have the power to change how they grow older. This book will show you how.
Renowned psychotherapist and aging expert Andrea Brandt, Ph.D., MFT, helps you throw out the old stereotypes about getting older and move toward the welcoming new evidence that their future is alive with possibility, providing steps to thrive today and into their golden years.
The acclaimed Mindful Aging is full of exercises and tools to help you embrace a new mindset and blaze a new trail fueled by passion, purpose, and creativity. Through research, inspiring stories of real people, and Dr. Brandt's psychological insight, you'll be able help them claim the immense joy and love that are theirs to have, the deep wisdom that is theirs to share, and the exciting self-discoveries and contributions that are uniquely theirs to make.
Join the millions who are becoming mindful about aging, and discover the secrets to creating a life that doesn't wane as the years go by. Mindful Aging will forever change how you view-and embrace-your life as you age.
Mary Ann Rosa, MSN, GNP-BC, CDE, is a Board Certified Gerontological Nurse Practitioner specializing in Geriatrics. She has been involved in geriatric care as a Nurse Practitioner since 1996 and an Associate Professor at a Community College in NY since 2006. Mary Ann has published articles on disease management in the older adult and developed three community disease management programs.
Mary Ann speaks locally and nationally on topics related to the older adult for various audiences. She has presented locally at numerous events including post-graduate medicine, long- term care facilities, many hospitals and universities, and nationally at the National Association of Home Care Annual Conference, the NLN Summit, OADN National Conference and the NLN Technology Conference. Learn more about Mary Ann Rosa, MSN, GNP-BC, CDE.
Roy D. Steinberg, Ph.D., a gero-psychologist with over 22 years of experience, concentrates his work on diagnosing and facilitating treatment of individuals with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia. He has lectured nationally on the assessment and treatment of individuals with Alzheimer’s disease, and on increasing attention on caring for caregivers. Dr. Steinberg is the author of Forgetting the Memories: A Caregiver's Journey Through Alzheimer's Disease a guide for caregivers that draws upon his profound knowledge of the disease, its manifestations and treatment, and his great love and tenderness as the son of an Alzheimer's patient. Learn more about Roy D. Steinberg, Ph.D.
If you're not completely satisfied, please give us a call at 866-367-5697. We’re that confident that you'll find this learning experience to be all that's promised and more than you expected.