Whether your patients’ goals are to return to work, play with their grandkids, or travel the world, your hard work helps them progress toward their functional goals.
But when vision problems distort your patient’s world, it can feel like you’re working twice as much for half the progress.
Falls, mobility deficits, isolation, and dependence on others can lead to serious, costly setbacks. And problems performing exercises and activities often result in avoidance over time, severely limiting functional outcomes.
It doesn’t have to be this hard.
In this hands-on online certificate course, you will learn the latest vision therapy techniques and discover a powerful intervention framework that has helped countless therapists and their patients overcome these exact same issues for years.
Whether your patients are adults with head injuries or stroke survivors with visual perception problems, you’ll transform your practice with innovative interventions that help patients adapt to visual impairments, take charge of their recovery, and resume functional activities they might have otherwise abandoned.
Discover new ways to accelerate progress for outcomes that will earn you referrals.
We've compiled in-depth training from two top vision rehabilitation experts…
So they can give you their best tips, tools, and strategies for addressing even the most difficult vision problems.
This course will give you a full set of effective interventions, enabling you to confidently help every patient experiencing vision problems.
After this in-depth course, you'll have the knowledge to…
- Identify (and use!) the latest advances in vision therapy
- Develop your own comprehensive assessment framework, so you can identify the root cause of patient vision issues and related impairments
- Utilize the most effective interventions available to help patients get back to their normal lives
- Combine multiple intervention strategies to get better results
- Create appropriate and reasonable patient goals
- Build cost-effective vision therapy "toolkits"
Visual Rehab Certificate: Targeted Interventions for OTs, PTs, and SLPs is a complete training in vision therapy.
It will give you all the tools and skills you'll need to develop a thriving vision practice that helps clients regain independence and happiness.
Here's just a taste of what you'll learn in the course:
This section of the course, led by Robert Constantine, OTR/L, will give you a detailed breakdown of common eye issues experienced by patients, as well as an extensive list of effective intervention strategies.You'll also learn:
- The eye condition 51% of your patients will have by age 80
- Why you — and your patients — may want to avoid big optometry chain stores (it all has to do with something called "seat time")
- One symptom you should never ignore in yourself or a patient, because it could cause blindness
- This eye issue is so common, it's guaranteed to happen to you (and your patients) by age 40
- Why "What kind of glasses are you wearing?" is one of the most important questions to ask patients
- An unsettling problem your patient may not admit unless prompted (they don't want you to think they're going crazy)
- The first thing you should look at when assessing eye movement
- How to use a straightforward decision tree to make treatment decisions
- The "balance board strategy" that could literally double your treatment effectiveness
- A 5-minute scotch tape trick you can use to help your patients see better
- One thing you should NEVER do without a doctor's order
- How to build a portable $25 eye assessment kit
- Objective measurement tools for observed eye movement disorders
- Cost-effective evaluation and treatment tools alongside information on today’s latest technology
- The comprehensive information you need to in-service your co-workers and start a vision rehabilitation program immediately
- A collection of home programs ready for you to customize for your own needs
- A quick reference sheet to streamline your approach to each diagnosis
- Targeted evaluation and treatment options for specialized settings: acute care, rehabilitation units, out-patient settings, SNF, and home health
Robert Constantine, OTR/L, is an occupational therapist with nearly 20 years of experience in the fields of visual and neurological rehabilitation. Mr. Constantine is employed by the Pearl Nelson Child Development Center, where he focuses on the treatment of eye movement disorders in neurotypical and special needs children. Mr. Constantine’s passion leads him to intensive studying of the visual system and continuous searches for new ways to improve patient outcomes.
He is a member of the Neuro-Optometric Rehabilitation Association, a unique interdisciplinary organization that brings together the tools of optometry, occupational and physical therapy to improve outcomes for patients with neurological diagnoses. In addition, he is the only occupational therapist to be a member of the High Performance Vision Associates, an elite group of sports vision optometrists. As such, Mr. Constantine has participated in sports vision screenings at IMG Academy, Hendricks Motorsports, and on the LPGA tour. He has also developed and marketed drag-racing specific glasses that have been successful in NHRA Sportsman drag racing, as well as having worked with elite NHRA racers, golfers, and sporting clays champions.Click here for information about Robert Constantine.
Sandra Stalemo, OTR/L, is an expert in vision therapy with over 37 years of experience guiding patients with vision and neurological impairments toward functional independence in a variety of outpatient and inpatient therapy settings.
Ms. Stalemo developed a passion for vision therapy after witnessing firsthand its impact on her daughter, who had been diagnosed with binocular vision disorder. In the years since then, Ms. Stalemo has trained and worked closely with neuro-optometrists to bridge the gap between diagnosis and treatment in functional settings, and she went on to develop a leading vision rehabilitation program at Sanford Health.
She is now a national speaker on vision and neurological rehabilitation topics, known for her ability to break down complex concepts into practical, everyday solutions.Click here for information about Sandra Stalemo.
- Physical Therapists
- Physical Therapist Assistants
- Occupational Therapists
- Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Speech-Language Pathologists
- Athletic Trainers
- Nurse Practitioners
We’re that confident you'll find this learning experience to be all that's promised and more than you expected.