The most common cause of hospital admissions and injury deaths in adults over 65 is… falls! And while everyone falls at some point, the consequences of falling become far worse as we age.
Which is why you need FAST and EASY interventions to reduce fall risk, minimize fall impact, and lower the chance of injury for your elderly patients.
Become a Certified Fall Prevention Specialist (CFPS) today through this exclusive online certification course and learn how to apply hundreds of practical NEW techniques immediately.
Using the key principles of geriatric rehab, our experts will fill your toolbox as you learn how to:
- Integrate effective techniques to evaluate and treat sick, bedridden, and immobile patients
- Design successful exercise programs that patients won’t mind showing up for
- Support posture and balance while releasing tight shoulders, lats, traps, chest, hamstrings, and calves
- Apply proven methods to address balance issues
- … and so much more!
This is your livelihood… and the population is aging.
Safely guide your patients to a pain-free future.
Featuring case studies, a review of the latest research, and timely exercise progressions, become the go-to rehab resource for aging seniors in your community.
To top it all off, learn how to alleviate the aches and pains common to those in their golden years — without relying on pills and injections.
And you won’t have to spend hours or days looking all of this important information up, because it’s all right here in one package.
Learn how to prevent potentially fatal falls, avoid malpractice lawsuits and start treating seniors with confidence…
… it’s the fall prevention certification course you’ve been waiting for.
Here’s what you get when you sign up:
- Principles of Geriatric Rehab: Keeping Patients Safe
- Current Trends in Rehab for the Aging Adult
- Falls in the Elderly: Epidemiology, Incidence, Morbidity, & Mortality
- Physical Changes Associated with Aging
- A Closer Look at Dementia
- Today’s Best Evidence-Based Cognitive Assessments
- Seniors Living with Sensory and Vestibular Issues
- Restoring Mobility and Balance: Musculoskeletal Involvement
- Improving Outcomes by Addressing the Ankle, Hip, and Gait
- Assessing Fall Risk and Balance
- The Berg Balance Scale and Fall Prediction: Scoring and interpretation
- Assessing Musculoskeletal Impairments and Myofascial Pain
- Achieving Optimal Wellness: Managing Pain, Stiffness, and Weakness
- Step-by-Step Demonstrations and How-to
- Acupressure for Better Sleep
- Mindfulness for Pain Reduction
- Craniosacral Therapy for Balance
- Reiki for Mental Functioning and Behavior
- Interventions and Recommendations to Promote Functional Balance & Prevent Falls
- Designing an Active Balance Clinic (ABC)
- Evidence-Based Outcomes and Case Studies
- What to Expect: Normal Changes That Occur with Aging
- Promote Mobility and Balance with Strength, Aerobic & Flexibility Training
- An Exercise Prescription for an Aging Population
- Cardiovascular Disease & Congestive Heart Failure
- Peripheral Artery Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Osteoporosis, Posture, and Spinal Stenosis
- Hips and Knees
- Back and Spine
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- How to Motivate Your Patients to Exercise
- Reducing Fall Risk
- Evidence-Based Fall Prevention Programs
- Changes in Gait and Balance to Watch For
PLUS! Get a FREE Bonus on us: Certification Made Simple (a $99.99 value!). We’ll pay for your certification so you can become a Certified Fall Prevention Specialist (CFPS) — FREE!
Certification for Rehab Professionals
Just $299.99 Today — Unbelievable Savings!
Theresa A. Schmidt, PT, DPT, MS, OCS, LMT, CEAS, is a board-certified Specialist in Orthopedic Physical Therapy, massage therapist, and coach with over 30 years’ experience in clinical practice and education. She integrates evidence-based manual therapy and orthopedic rehab with complementary medicine approaches for outstanding peak performance. Dr. Schmidt graduated from Long Island University’s Masters Physical Therapy Program with Highest Honors, received her Doctorate in Physical Therapy at the University of New England, and served as faculty at Touro College Physical Therapy Programs, Nassau CC and CUNY Queens College in NY. Dr. Schmidt has presented at the International Fascia Research Congress, American Physical, Occupational, and Massage Therapy Associations, NASA Inomedic Health, Johns Hopkins, Cleveland Clinic and other medical centers across North America. She is a published author, Reiki Master Instructor, and integrative medicine clinician.Click here for information about Theresa A. Schmidt
Jamie Miner, PT, DPT, GCS, provides specialized services to many skilled nursing facilities. She has experience in home health, acute care, outpatient vestibular rehab and fall prevention, acute rehab, sub-acute rehab, and long-term care. Additionally, she serves as a clinical instructor to many doctoral physical therapy students and as an adjunct professor at Shenandoah University and Campbell University. Jamie graduated with a BS degree in PT from UNC Chapel Hill, a DPT from Shenandoah University and earned her vestibular certification at Emory University in March 2003.Click here for information about Jamie Miner
Certification is rarely this easy or affordable.
Get certified today and overcome the challenges related to working with elderly patients.
Just follow these four easy steps to get started!
Why Get Certified? Certification...
- Results in better outcomes — Help patients manage their pain with adaptable exercises, drug-free!
- Gives you professional recognition — Set yourself apart from the other clinicians in your community. Increase your opportunities for career advancement and patient referrals…. and so much more!
- Earns your patients’ trust — Showcase your commitment to staying up-to-date on the safest and most effective exercise programs for older adults
- Offers you a community — Gain access to an exclusive peer group of Certified Fall Prevention Specialists with similar passions and interests as you.
And it’s never been easier to become a Certified Fall Prevention Specialist (CFPS).
Step 1: Watch the online course.
Step 2: Complete the CE test and instantly print your certificate of completion.
Step 3: Submit your certificate of completion and professional license to Evergreen Certifications and we'll cover the cost of your certification.
That's it! No hidden fees. No catch. Just certification made EASY.
*Professional standards apply. Learn more at www.evergreencertifications.com/cfps
Your experience, instincts and education guide your decisions so you can do what is best for your patients. This in-depth course will cement your skills in helping geriatric patients — satisfaction guaranteed!
Certification is right for you if you are a(n):
- Physical Therapist/Physical Therapist Assistant
- Occupational Therapist/Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Exercise Physiologist
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- Personal Trainer
- Nursing Home Administrator
- Other Helping Professional Working with Seniors
We’re that confident you'll find this learning experience to be all that's promised and more than you expected.