When you add manual lymph drainage to your arsenal of tools, you’re tapping into a system that many practitioners are completely overlooking. By stimulating the healthy and more centrally located nodes, you can essentially create suction to pull the built-up fluid into the area with normal lymph drainage. You’re essentially harnessing the natural power of the body to restore function!
Bringing over 20 years of experience to the table, Elisa DiFalco, MS, OT, CMLDT, LMT, will provide you with the tools you need to:
- Quickly assess for and identify the root cause of the issue using an evidence-based framework.
- Develop a condition specific MLD protocol that easily fits into your treatment session.
- Utilize specific strokes that are extremely effective and not physically demanding on your body.
- Dramatically change or even reverse disease.
Whether you're a new therapist or seasoned practitioner, this must have certification course will provide valuable insight for incorporating MLD in the clinical setting. You’ll walk away with strategies that you can implement immediately!
The lymphatic system: the rehabilitation powerhouse that is somehow forgotten by many practitioners.
These patients have been from doctor to doctor without finding results, struggling to find relief from swelling, heaviness, tightness, aching and soreness. The lymph system is integral for dealing with inflammation and with these targeted manual lymph drainage (MLD) techniques, you can provide the treatment that breaks through with even the most complex patients!
MLD is a time-tested and evidence-based technique that uses gentle manual strokes that are specifically designed to reduce inflammation, bruising, scarring and pain — all while reducing the physical demands on you, the practitioner.
Many surgeons are now recommending manual lymph drainage (MLD) for their patients due to its ability to accelerate healing. From joint replacement to plastic surgery, MLD is the “must have” modality when treating edema, bruising, pain and scars.
— Bart Rademaker, M.D.
In this extensive certification course, you’ll be fully equipped to develop a MLD protocol that easily fits into your treatment session.
In just three easy steps, you will become a Certified Holistic MLD Practitioner (C-MLD) starting today:
Step 1: Watch the online course.
Step 2: Complete the CE test(s) and instantly print your certificate(s) of completion.
Step 3: Submit the Certification Questionnaire included in this training, and we'll cover the cost of your certification.
Click here for full Certification requirements.
*Professional standards apply. Learn more at www.evergreencertifications.com/cmld
We partner with Evergreen Certifications to include certification with some of our products. When you purchase such a product, we may disclose your information to Evergreen Certifications for purposes of providing services directly to you or to contact you regarding relevant offers.
With your newfound skills that activate healthy lymph nodes, increase venous return and facilitate drainage from the affected limb, the patient’s search for help stops with you! You’ll become the go-to resource for alleviating swelling, heaviness, tightness and aching from a myriad of conditions.
Help your patients get their lives back with this brief and gentle treatment!
Offering a wide array of conditions that can be treated, you can apply this innovative and effective technique to restore normative function for your patients who have had:
- Joint replacement
- Sports injuries
- Bariatric surgery
- Breast cancer reconstruction
- Torn muscles
- …and many more!
Elisa DiFalco, MS, OT, CMLDT, LMT, began working as a Lymphedema Specialist & Clinic Day Educator for Robert Lerner, M.D., “The Pioneer of Lymphedema Treatment.” Soon after receiving a master’s degree in Occupational Therapy, she became Clinic Director/Owner of LTS Clinic where she opened a new MLD market with Florida’s leading Plastic Surgeons. From her success, she was inspired to create new MLD courses for therapists to learn from and model after.
For 23 years, Ms. DiFalco has been public and practitioner educator through monthly radio broadcasts and column for Boomer Times, support group facilitator, physician in-services, consultant to major insurance companies, public speaker at American Cancer Society and serving on several university advisory boards. She was also appointed Educational Standards Chair for FSMTA of Florida and has won the NLN Lymphedema Day Award. The in-demand educator enjoys combining education and entertainment as presenter for: FOTA, FSMTA, AMTA, ISSE, World Massage Festival, Premier Day Spa Show, CSFA and Elite conventions. Today, Elisa is moving MLD forward through technology to reach the masses and offers a weekly show featuring expects in the field.Click here for information about Elisa DiFalco
- Interactive approach to the lymph system: nodes, load, pathways
- How to properly assess the function of the various flow points
- Time & cost-effective maintenance strategies that work
- 4 things that affect post-surgical lymph flow
- Assess lymph flow disruption from surgery
- Pre and Post-op protocol for MLD
- How to increase lymph viscosity
- What to do when there are no lymph nodes
- Clinical assessment of scars
- The red flags to look out for
- Fatty acid and cellular debris and their implications
- Assessment strategies for the terminus
- Physician recommended skin care routine
- The MLD “mini-lift”
- Supra & sub fascial connection
- Understanding vascular and lymph system interaction during and post pregnancy
- Step-by-step protocol for pregnancy, infants and children
- MLD “Mommy Makeover” for reducing the post pregnancy bulge, scaring, and LE edema
- Nutritional considerations – we are what we eat
- Essentials of standardized clinical measuring
- A&P of joint bottlenecks
- Scar management techniques
- 4 keys to bandaging for sports injury edema – why tighter isn’t always better.
- Strategies to maintain the effects of MLD treatment in athletes
- Integrate the sense of sight with evidence-based color therapy
- Sensory details that have a clinical impact, like olfactory and odor removal
- Pharmaceutical grade Halo Therapy (active)
- Working with delicate populations and hospice
You’ll end this comprehensive training with a newfound confidence in helping your clients of all ages, using the most up-to-date skills, actionable strategies, concrete tools and go-to interventions.
We’re that confident you'll find this learning experience to be all that's promised and more than you expected.