As the first point of contact for the patient’s pain, getting it right the first time is critical. In a world where many patients also suffer from chronic conditions – it is crucial that you have a comprehensive examination strategy.
With this in-depth training, you will be able to:
- Quickly identify the most probable cause
- Pinpoint the diagnosis and facilitate return to activity
- Determine if the patient is appropriate for therapy
- Identify red flags and when a referral is necessary
With special sections on headaches and acute vs chronic neck pain, this training provides the clinical pearls that help you to quickly identify the primary cause of dysfunction. Gain confidence in your evaluation strategies in this multi-faceted approach that considers every angle.
- Critical thinking and problem solving for complex musculoskeletal diagnoses
- Improved safety in patient care and confidence to recognize more serious underlying pathology
Can’t attend live? We’ve got you covered! Click here to pre-order the full self-study option.
- Common special tests of the shoulder and cervical spine
- Impingement syndrome test
- Drop arm test
- Apprehension test
- O’Brien's test
- Thoracic outlet syndrome test
- And more!
- Questionnaires for subjective assessment
- Identify referred pain patterns from non-MSK origin
- Understanding non-MSK causes and customized approaches for each
- Post-laparoscopic pain
- UE DVT
- Liver and biliary
- Recognizing red (and yellow) flags of lower quadrant pain
- Concise guide for physician or ER referral
Pain and Most Common MSK Diagnoses by Region
- Adhesive capsulitis
- Subacromial bursitis
- Dislocation of the shoulder
- Rotator cuff tendonitis
- Labral injuries
- Cervical radiculopathy
- Cervical myelopathy
- OA C-spine
- Non-surgical techniques to manage pain
- Strategies to improve poor posture in the age of devices
Click here for information about Rina Pandya
We’re that confident you'll find this learning experience to be all that's promised and more than you expected.