Dr. Genevieve Newton, DC, PhD, has spent the past 19 years as a researcher and educator in the field of nutritional sciences. A series of personal health crises led her to discover the benefits of cannabinoids, and she soon found herself engrossed in studying the endocannabinoid system and therapeutic applications of cannabis/cannabinoids in mental health, pain, sleep, and neurological disorders.
With legalization and increased use of CBD for pain management, sleep and anxiety — your patients have questions.They should be learning about cannabinoid science from you, not from their local kiosk at the mall. We’ve brought together a panel of clinical experts and leading researchers in the field to guide you through the safety and effectiveness of CBD.
- Understand the ECS (endocannabinoid system) on a molecular level — know its importance in “directing and correcting” almost every cellular process in our body.
- Clinical implications for pain, sleep, anxiety and depression.
- Become your community resource on the science, safety and effectiveness of CBD.
- Add another revenue stream to your practice!
Science was limited in this field — until now. FINALLY! An extensively research-backed training that brings high quality cannabinoid education built specifically for the medical community with science, transparency, and clarity.
- Cannabis vs hemp
- Minor vs major cannabinoids
- Sources: endo, phyto, synthetic
- ECS Receptors
Cannabinoid Research + Therapeutic Applications
- Pain, sleep and mental health
- Cannabinoid based medications
- Mechanisms of action: receptors, enzymes, transcription
- Opioid sparing effect
- Potential negative impacts of heavy recreational use: Cannabis use disorder
- Implications for dosage
- Dependence, withdrawal and adverse events
- Drug interactions: THC, CBD, Cannabis
- FDA “unknowns”
From Seed to Shelf
- Current testing protocols
- Microbial contamination
- Heavy metal testing
- Pesticide screening
- Critical importance of residual solvent analysis
- Trace THC testing
- Product terminology differences between full spectrum, broad spectrum, distillate, and isolate Potency
- How to determine quality of product
- Does “certified organic farming” actually mean anything?
Cannabinoid Metabolism & Navigating the Labels
- Routes of administration and their absorption
- Water soluble products
- Consumption guidelines
- Future direction and implications
You will be challenged to think outside the box on your current beliefs about physical and mental health; and how patient preference, clinical evidence and scientific research all play a key role in patient-centered care.
Research and Therapeutic Applications for Pain, Sleep and Mental Health
Valued at $399.98
Yours today for only $199.99
Carl Craig, PhD, has been keenly focused on providing accurate, reliable and defensible laboratory testing data to assist in decision making within the environmental, life science, drug manufacturing and clinical industries. He brings an international reputation to his role for creating value at the intersection of science and business operations.
Joe LaVacca, PT, DPT, OCS, CFSC, FMS, FMT-C, FRCms, SFMA, is focused on communication, emotion, and education as the three primary tools he uses to build empowerment while teaching and working with his patients. He is a nationwide speaker and frequently teaches healthcare practitioners about various therapeutic techniques and movement assessment principles.
Dr. Alyson Evans, DC, has dedicated the last 20 years to mashing up her passions for healthcare and education, alongside pursuing her purpose of building and serving a team. She was at the forefront of growing the RockTape brand and community for a decade. Alyson is the Co-CEO and Founder of Fringe, a company grounded by its dedication to improving how we live and how we learn.
Michael Flemmens, BS, a scientist with over 20 years of product development and technical support experience, drives key research projects and provides leadership in the medical space for SōRSE. Prior to SōRSE, he served as Director of Corporate Technology Development for Secant Group, LLC, a leader in next-generation biomaterials, structures, and medical textiles that enable restoration of the human body.
Connecting our Physical and Mental Health to the World Around Us
- Breathing is medicine.
- Movement is medicine.
- Touch is medicine.
- Water is medicine.
- Plants are medicine.
- Meditation is medicine.
We’re that confident you'll find this learning experience to be all that's promised and more than you expected.