- SAR-Co-V2 and COVID-19
- SAR-CoV-2 Virus Definition and Details
- COVID-19 Disease and ‘LONG HAULERS’
- The Huge Impact on the Body’s:
- Autonomic Nervous System
- Sympathetic Nervous System
- The Immune System
- The COVID ‘Long Hauler’
- Pre-existing diseases and their impact on COVID-19
- History of Covid Symptoms
- Nutrition? High sugar, salt, things that feed virus
- Pre-existing diseases and their impact on COVID-19
- Pathology of illness and course in hospital
- Feeding – IV, Feeding tube
- Comprehensive Evaluation with emphasis on the Neuro Screen
- Damage to CNS
- Damage and Symptoms of ANS
- Blood Brain Barrier
- Cranial nerves
- Visual tracking
- Vagus nerve
- Dizziness – Vertigo
- Peripheral nerves
- Numbness – peripheral neuropathy
- Functional movements
- Balance – sitting, standing, walking
- Gait disturbances
- Post exertional malaise
- Reaction to heat
- Brain fog
- Extreme fatigue
- Poor focus
- Difficulty reading
- Sleep disturbances
- Related Organ Systems
- Psychology Related
- Anxiety & Reducing Stressors
- Chest pain
- ‘Happy Hypoxia’
- Use of a Pulse Ox
- Breath Control / Nasal Breathing
- Chest Pain
- Evaluating HR (Apple Watch / EKG Monitor)
- The Inflammation Response
- G-I Tract
- Bowel and Bladder Issues
- Sore Throat
- Non-inflammatory Foods
- Liver, Kidney, Spleen, Pancreas
- Psychology Related
- Persistent Symptoms after the active Covid phase and what can we as health care providers do about it?
- Nerve Pain
- Nerve Pain
- Extreme Fatigue and Post-Exertional Fatigue
- AVOID EXHAUSTION AT ALL COSTS
- ‘Energy Envelope’
- Brain Fog
- Sleeping Disorders
- Foundation on the importance of sleep
- Healthy Circadian Rhythms
- Recommendations with COVID-19 ‘Long Haulers’
- POTS & Dysautonomia in Long Haulers
- What it is
- “Hitting the Wall”
- How to deal with it
- Scenarios for this continuum
- Bouncing Back from COVID-19 as a ‘Long Hauler’
- Beginning Phase
- Building Phase
- Being Phase
- Exercise Prescription
- Recovery is slow and variable
- Ramifications of the New Variants
- The Future?
- Case Scenarios
- Key Takeaways
- Enough Sleep and REST
- Correcting Sleep-Wake Cycles
- Anti-inflammatory Diet
- Lower Anxiety Levels / Mindfulness
- Breath Control / Nasal Breathing / Multi-Dimensional Breathing
- Compression Socks
- Stay on the cool side
- Avoid Fatigue
A Comprehensive Evidence-Based Overview of COVID-19 Designed for Rehab Clinicians…
Get a Holistic ‘Whole Body’ Approach to Treatment Today!
As clinicians, we hear too many conflicting responses to important questions about SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) that are profoundly impacting patients’ quality of life and their independence.
Questions that you deal with everyday about ‘Long COVID' and how it impacts nearly every system of the human body, such as...
- How hard should you push symptomatic patients?
- How can you quickly modify your plan of care for comorbidities or complex symptoms for patients who have – or had – COVID-19?
- How do you treat functional limitations stemming from COVID-19?
Get straightforward, lasting solutions you need now to these questions and more by two global rehab leaders who’ve trained thousands of PT, OT and other rehab professionals like you for over three decades.
You’ll get practical, evidence-based strategies to meet the unique needs of your patients – in any setting or stage of their development – whether you’re in acute care, rehab or outpatient so you can quickly develop individualized, holistic and whole body treatment plans that include…
THAT’S NOT ALL – sign up today and get TWO FREE bonus modules (including 4 CE hours!) on ways you can protect patients from increased fall risk after having COVID and strategies to decrease stress, increase resiliency, and develop a healthy life-work balance to avoid burnout!
The dynamic rehab duo of Dr. Karen Pryor, PhD, PT, DPT, ND, CH, CFPS, and Shelly Denes, PT, CFPS, C/NDT, CGCP, brings science-based knowledge, unique case studies and step-by-step guidance for extensive clinical application for nearly every setting. They will help you build a solid foundation with clinical pearls from their combined 65+ years of experience.
This comprehensive self-paced, self-study training breaks down what SARS-Co-V2/COVID-19 and ‘Long Covid’ is and how it impacts nearly every system of the human body.
In two easy-to-follow video modules, you’ll learn how to:
- Perform a thorough evaluation for a patient with respect to Long COVID to identify functional limitations and deficits
- Conduct a complete neurologic assessment
- Assess contributions from related organ systems
- Construct an evidence-based plan of care to address the above findings in addition to considerations with brain fog, fatigue, pain, neuropathy, myalgias and sleep disorders
Best of all – you’ll get two FREE bonus videos added exclusively to this course.
($239.98 Value – YOURS FREE!)
Here's what you'll get...
- Boost your confidence in understanding neurological disease (such as COVID-19) and its progression regarding balance, fatigue, and proprioception
- Elevate your care – for your patients and yourself – by becoming more resilient amid time constraints and unrealistic caseloads
- Earn up to 4.0 CE Hours – at no additional cost to you!
Falls are NOT inevitable, even in individuals with neurologic diseases- rehab professionals may have a direct impact on this reality. Michel (Shelly) Denes, PT, CFPS, C/NDT, CGCP, knows early intervention is key to improved outcomes. Together you will investigate new models and the neurobiology of pathological fatigue as it relates to Parkinson’s Disease and Multiple Sclerosis.
In this bonus module, you’ll expand upon what you’ve learned in the first two modules about the science behind neuroplasticity, proprioception, muscle tone and balance and how it can be analyzed to reduce fall risk.
Are you experiencing feelings of physical and emotional exhaustion from the caregiving experience? Many become consumed by attending to others while failing to recognize our own needs. Is the experience leaving you feeling less effective as a clinician? Who takes care of the caregiver? All of these concerns can be reversed with mindfulness practices! Mindfulness may serve as an “Emotional CPR” while improving resilience and increasing compassion for our patients.
Engage with Clyde Boiston, PT, OCS, CMF, TCHI, in this bonus session to develop strategies to reduce the likelihood of experiencing professional burnout while learning how to utilize mindfulness to become a happier and more effective healthcare provider.
Frequently Asked Questions
YES! This comprehensive training was designed for dedicated physical therapists, physical therapy assistants, occupational therapists, occupational therapy assistants, and other rehab professionals. After this course, you will be able to:
- Confidently identify what constitutes a COVID-19 ‘Long Hauler’.
- Assess for symptoms of the immune response in COVID-19 ‘Long Haulers’ and how to address these changes.
- Differentiate cytokine storms and how it relates to multi-organ failure and coagulation.
- Appraise, accommodate, and treat rehabilitation challenges such as brain fog with poor memory of home program, tachycardia, POTS, and immune system challenges.
- Integrate neuroplasticity principles in screening, assessment, and interventions.
- Develop strategies to balance your professional life, yet enjoy the rewards of your personal life.
- Appraise anxiety levels and discuss changes in the emotional environment of the COVID-19 patient.
Each module was carefully hand-selected by a panel of experts invested in your success! Click here for course objectives and outline.
Who specifically gets credit, and from where, and on what though? Click here for CE credit details.
With over 15 hours of online video training, insightful commentary, interventions and examples, you will have compelling new clinical strategies that you can immediately start applying in your practice! We encourage you to take the time to fully absorb everything. Watch the videos. Read the materials. Get your CE hours!
But, if you review all of the course materials and are still not satisfied, call us at 800-844-8260. Your satisfaction is guaranteed.
Yes - in fact, you can take this course anytime. Once you register for this self-directed training, the materials are yours to access and review around your own busy schedule.
Click here for information about Karen Pryor
Click here for information about Clyde Boiston
We’re that confident you'll find this learning experience to be all that's promised and more than you expected.