You play a significant role in the pre and post-op healing journey for breast cancer recovery. It's a very delicate time, where patients need you more than ever.
With this unique 360-degree view — learn how to accelerate healing from a multidisciplinary panel of experts: PT, OT, MD, cancer survivors, and a dietitian — all in one robust training.
- Whole-body manual lymph drainage protocol with demonstrations for supine, sitting, and standing
- Effective tools to promote limb reduction, reduce the risk of infection, increase ROM, reduce pain and swelling
- Elevate your expertise in oncology & lymphedema nutrition: key topics include risk reduction, sugar's impact, estrogen-food links, alcohol, and more!
- Cost & time-saving strategies for compression garments & strategic bandaging
- Enhance the recovery process with therapeutic exercise and home exercise programs
- Your most common breast cancer surgery questions — answered!
This is the MOST complete care that you can give your patients. Unlock real-world solutions and empower patients for a healthier oncology journey.
Key Highlights of this Training:
- Self-care made simple! Manual lymph drainage (MLD), compression garments, bandages, dry brushing, and more!
- Understand the timeframe for rehab and MLD — when is it safe to begin?
- Nutrition-based approaches to accelerate healing and reduce recurrence risk
- Trauma-informed approaches to calm the patient and reduce anxiety
- Your biggest questions about reconstruction, answered by the surgeon.
- Clear up the confusion surrounding compression garments — which ones? For how long? Who needs them? Why not just bandage?
Real People, Real Results. See What Your Peers are Saying:
"Elisa DiFalco was exceptional! She presents the information in a way that is easy to understand and provides a lot of visual demonstrations/examples."
"Extremely knowledgeable teacher! It was so great to hear Karen’s story and gives us all the information to be able to help other patients."
"Awesome program, after being a recipient of MLD, I loved learning more."
"I really loved this course and thought Elisa DiFalco, MS, OT, CMLDT, LMT, did an amazing job keeping me engaged and eager to learn more."
"I was surprised at all the information about MLD. There was a lot of useful information to enhance the orthopedic outpatient practice I work in. Thank you."
"I've used these MLD techniques throughout my career as a massage therapist!"
- Full-body lymphatic drainage protocol for maximum draining
- Demonstrations for various positions: supine, sitting, and standing
- Therapeutic exercise & home program
- Dry brushing, taping, infrared light, heat, massage, saunas
- Clothing for easier ADLs/IADLs and long-term outcomes
- Integrate tai chi and yoga
- Essential baseline measurements
- Proven tips for self-care donning and doffing garments!
- Avoid donning struggles and unwanted creases with basic household items
- Tips that make removal a breeze that don’t require expensive tools
- Compression bandage types and techniques to promote lymphatic drainage
- Ensuring proper compression levels
- Warning: how common shapewear can jeopardize treatment outcomes
- Impact of factors like LNN removal, radiation, garments
- Unexpected edema triggers
- Sentinel node biopsies and risk reduction
- Therapeutic exercise guidelines
- Bring the medical team together for excellent patient care
- RN, PT/OT, LMT, MD and more!
- Tips for documentation and billing for maximum reimbursement
- Trauma-informed care strategies
- Communication tactics to reduce fear
- Joining the patient's healing team
- Gentle techniques to combat aggressive treatments
- Utilize the power of patient education
- Addressing surgical trauma
- Easing painful ADLs and bandaging
- Unleash lymphatic healing
- Myofascial mobilization techniques
- Holistic approaches: acupressure, Reiki, neuroplasticity
- Self-mobilization techniques
- Active home programs
- Pain management
- Synergy of conventional and natural medicine
- Integrating herbs, nutrition, and supplements
- Harnessing the power of hydration
— Jean LaMantia, RD Click here for information about Jean LaMantia
Food and Risk Reduction for Breast Cancer: Can diet and nutrition really impact breast cancer risk for primary or recurrent breast cancer? Is this true for those with risk factors as well as without? Concrete evidence-informed guidance will provide empowerment to your patients with or at risk of breast cancer.
Tame the Sugar Beast| Reduce cancer risk by curbing sugar and promoting anti-inflammatory eating.
The Estrogen-Food Connection| Unravel the intricate relationship between dietary estrogens and breast cancer risk. Learn which foods have estrogenic compounds and if these are in fact risk factors and what to do about it.
Soy & Flax with Breast Cancer| Separating Myth from Fact. Explore the latest scientific evidence surrounding their impact on breast cancer.
Red Meat and Dairy are often vilified, but do they deserve it? | The latest meta-analyses on these food groups will be presented and what it means for breast cancer patients.
You’ll also learn nutrition-based interventions for post-cancer lymphedema, gaining an edge in lymphedema therapy with nutrition. Targeted strategies to reduce swelling and enhance lymphatic health will be discussed. Real case studies reveal practical insights from breast cancer survivors living with lymphedema.
-Bart Rademaker, MD Click here for information about Bart Rademaker
- Operating room protocol for observing
- Tissue expanders and their purpose
- Lumpectomies and fat transfers
- Drains that are used to drain blood not lymph
- Compression garment/bandage: when to remove?
- Most common OR and breast surgery questions, answered!
- Maximize the body’s own ability to remove toxins — that’s where MLD comes in.
- Breast Reconstruction, tummy tuck, & liposuction
- Compression garment vs lymphedema garment
- How to identify candidates
- Surgical process
- How long after surgery can postop MLD be performed
- Your plastic surgery questions, answered!
- Common complications
Jarrett Dottin, OTR/L, MOT, CLT Click here for information about Jarrett Dottin
- Learn the most effective in-home assessments and interventions to better manage skin integrity and volume reduction.
- Walk through examples of clinical presentations with an insider's view into recommended supplies, technology and interventions that provide optimal outcomes
Carleen Sterner, MD Click here for information about Carleen Sterner
- Explore Ayurvedic principles for holistic pain management
- Learn self-care tools to prevent "burnout" and compassion fatigue