Join renowned child and adolescent clinician, Dr. Tony Sheppard, in this impactful session that delves into the urgent issue of youth suicide. Gain a deep understanding of this critical public health crisis and equip yourself with the necessary interventions to make a difference.
In this powerful workshop, Dr. Sheppard will guide you through the latest insights, tools, and skills essential for helping young individuals effectively manage suicidal ideation in their lives. You'll develop the expertise to:
- Identify risk and protective factors, enabling early intervention and support
- Adopt the right approach when addressing youth suicide, fostering a supportive and empathetic environment
- Utilize available tools and resources that have been proven effective in crisis management
- Effectively manage suicidal behavior and guide individuals towards a path of healing and resilience
- Foster the development of essential life skills in your clients, empowering them to lead healthy lives
- Implement evidence-based practices within the scope of your training, ensuring ethical and effective care
Don't miss this opportunity to gain invaluable insights and practical strategies for crisis safety planning with youth and teens. Together, let's make a profound impact on the lives of young individuals and create a safer, more resilient future!
Tony L. Sheppard, PsyD, CGP, ABPP, AGPA-F
Tony Sheppard, PsyD, CGP, ABPP, AGPA-F
, specializes in treating young people suffering from psychiatric issues including self-harm and suicide. A licensed psychologist and certified group psychotherapist, Tony brings over 20 years of experience working with children, adolescents, and young adults to his clinical practice. In addition to his private practice, Groupworks, he has trained hundreds of clinicians, educators, nurses, and physicians across the country in the treatment of self-harm and suicide and is the author of a training curriculum in group psychotherapy. He is board certified in group psychology.
Tony’s clinical approach draws from interpersonal neurobiology, Dialectical Behavior Therapy, solution-focused brief therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, and positive psychology. His creative and interactive delivery style will draw you into the dire nature of youth suicide and self-harm and have you leave feeling confident and prepared to handle this most important work.
Financial: Dr. Tony Sheppard is the founder and director of Groupworks Psychological Services and has an employment relationship with Spalding University. He receives royalties as a published author. Dr. Sheppard receives a speaking honorarium and recording royalties from PESI, Inc. She has no relevant financial relationships with ineligible organizations.
Non-financial: Dr. Tony Sheppard has no relevant non-financial relationships.